• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen - Incredible/sense/2.1

chral513

Let me start off with saying I love Sense. I would be getting the incredible if it didn't have it.

That said - I hate the lock screen. I don't know why, but that curved bar - swiping down..... i just don't like it.

The standard android lock screen, IMO, is 100x times better( nexus and droid).

Does anyone know if there's a quick way to turn off the sense lock screen, but keep sense active? I know there's ways w/ rooting. But I don't plan on rooting.... after flashing winmo phones forever, I know better. Fixes one thing, but usually something else ends up not working.

So basically - looking for a way to disable sense lock screen w/o rooting.

:)

Please help.... anyone.
lol

what does this default lock screen (that you dislike so much) look like?
1st time Android OS user here so be nice... :o:

yeah - i've looked into some of the lock apps. they look good but I'm looking to get standard android 2.1 lock screen

and some of the apps (after reading countless reviews) seem to cause bugs here and there which i don't want to deal with (i have enough of that on winmo).

What I am unsure of is whether or not I can avoid the Sense lock (which still shows up in front of the pattern lock) but still use the Sense homescreen(s).

I believe the only way to get that lock screen to to flash a different ROM. Otherwise your stuck with the stock lock or using a 3rd party app.

i think you're right. looks like a lock app for me.

One of the great things about this phone - is that I don't see much reason to flash it. It has everything I need stock, and I would like to avoid flashing if possible.

I guess it's not the end of the world. lol

thanks guys.

I was playing with a DROID at VW store yesterday that had 2.1 on it, that looks like the lock screen on the DROID.

Yes, that's the stock Android lock screen. The Incredible is running Sense UI over Android so you don't get that screen.

there is an app called lockbot.. Has 4 different lock screens (one of them is the one you want)and you can use that. I have the eris and it works on it.

there is an app called lockbot.. Has 4 different lock screens (one of them is the one you want)and you can use that. I have the eris and it works on it.

I saw that - how's it work for you? Do you ever have any freezing or problems - like notifications or alarm getting through it? I've read some people have some issues with it. That's most likely the route i'm gonna go.

I have tried all of the free apps for a different lock screen so far. All of the slide unlocks can be bypassed just by pressing the home screen. How that got by the developers I don't know, seems like basic testing to me.
If anyone knows a lock screen app that works please post.

I don't like swiping down to unlock and then entering the pattern - is there a way to just have it start the unlocking process with the pattern lock?

i downloaded myLock and all i have to do is press the button on the top of the phone. If there was one where you press the optical button then swipe I would be cool with that. The stock way takes two hands which I don't like.

Pretty funny because I just got my Incredible today to replace my Droid and on my Droid I was using LockBot to have the Hero/Incredible lockscreen :D i absolutely HATED the 2.1 Droid lockscreen

Back
Top Bottom