• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen - Incredible/sense/2.1

Have you looked at a lock delay app? Basically after a certain period of your phone screen being off, a lock screen of your choice comes up, either the stock slider our the pattern screen. I have mine set so that the first five minutes of my screen off unlocking it only requires the slide screen lock. After five minutes, I have to use the slide lock and the pattern lock. I use Lock Delay, and so far it has been fantastic for me. Try one of the free ones out they and see if it works for you.

I have Lockbot Pro and as far as customization its very nice. Can choose various different styles. The downsite is it's buggy. Sometimes it works and I actually get the Lockbot unlock screen, other times I get the Sense unlock screen. Might be another app on my phone causing the issue but haven't been able to track it down. I've heard of others having the same issue as well. I'm probably going to uninstall it and try something else.

what does this default lock screen (that you dislike so much) look like?
1st time Android OS user here so be nice... :o:

Here you go Jedi... the Sense UI lock screen. :)

Attachments

• rosie7-lock-screen2.jpg
    rosie7-lock-screen2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 91
lots of posts on the "slide down to unlock" screen of the incredible. i got my incredible yesterday, to replace my motodroid. here is the problem, that NO ONE has seemed to have found a solution for:

i want to eliminate the "slide down to unlock" screen. i want my phone to default to the "draw pattern to unlock" screen. and here's WHY: i like having my phone protected. however, your last text message is displayed on the "slide down" screen. that's TERRIBLE. please help me eliminate that.

and YES - i KNOW you can disable that feature - i.e., if you disable notifications of texts it will not be displayed on the "slide down" screen. UNFORTUNATELY that also disables SOUND and NOTIFICATION that you received a text altogether!!!

so, in essence:

i want an unlock screen
i do not want my text message visible on my unlock screen
i want sound and visual notification that i received a text

PLEASE HELP!!!

I Share the hate of the Sense UI lockscreen.
One thing I've been able to do is just delete the HtcLockScreen.apk & HtcLockScreen.odex files in the file system (I have root access)

That gets rid of the lock screen and I now technically have a "stock" lock screen but the issue is the swipe needed is in the wrong direction.

Anybody know how to solve this?

Attachments

• device.png
    device.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 72
All you have to do is dowload advanced background in android marketplace. There is a free version and a pay version. You can choose from 5 wallpapers that are different than your home or you can just use your home one. There are also 5 available different lock swipe images.

I don't like swiping down to unlock and then entering the pattern - is there a way to just have it start the unlocking process with the pattern lock?
This is what I want too. Has anyone been able to do this with their stock Incredible? Sorry if already answered.

I like having a lock screen, but I want it to be only one, the pattern unlock. Not both the down slide and pattern. The way HTC has it set up seems very redundant.

This is what I want too. Has anyone been able to do this with their stock Incredible? Sorry if already answered.

I like having a lock screen, but I want it to be only one, the pattern unlock. Not both the down slide and pattern. The way HTC has it set up seems very redundant.

BUMP...anybody figured this out?

Back
Top Bottom