• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locked phone, T mobile sim

you dont need to root the phone for that to work. call in to metro pcs and request an unlock code from them. if you own the device in question they are required to give you the unlock code for your phone. It might take a few days but they will send it to you via email. After you get the code insert a foreign sim (a tmobile one) into the phone and enter the unlock code they provide for you.

Upvote 0
I'm going to start the rooting process on my phone to see if I can use a tmobile sim card. Never done this before but I'm switching from metro because of a discount I receive from my employer. Any advice?

im prety sure you dont have to root to attempt to use the T-Mo sim card. you just have to get into the hidden menu and turn off the network lock and maybe the icc activation

Upvote 0
Looking at the specs, it does appear to us CDMA with no standard GSM radios for Talk/SMS. Is it a VoLTE device? If so, you might be able to use a T-Mobile SIM later down the road when they fire that service up.

you are correct, i missed that part of it. In 2015 metro pcs services (cdma) will be shut down and converted to LTE which t-mobile is currently setting up now.

---> What the MetroPCS/T-Mobile Merger Actually Means if You are a Customer - Digits - WSJ

found that article about it.

Upvote 0
My brother brought e this phone fro U.S. but in Venezuela, the only carrier that still works with CDMA doesn't take phones that are not bought here. I've read everywhere and I really dont know much about phones but is there a way to use this phone with GSM? A guy in astore here said that it is not possible because of the bands... but why does the phone have the sim card slot for then?

Upvote 0
My brother brought e this phone fro U.S. but in Venezuela, the only carrier that still works with CDMA doesn't take phones that are not bought here. I've read everywhere and I really dont know much about phones but is there a way to use this phone with GSM? A guy in astore here said that it is not possible because of the bands... but why does the phone have the sim card slot for then?

The sim card alot is not a sim card slot. It's a UICC card slot for 4G LTE.

Don't buy CDMA phones from the US and bring it to your country because the only country that still uses CDMA at all is the USA. And even if your country has CDMA, it would use different radio frequencies than us, so it still wouldn't work.

Solution: buy GSM devices only. Don't waste your time buying CDMA phones.

Upvote 0
Can you unlock lg motion to use it on other carriers like straight talk??? So far this is the best phone i had considering i usef to be with straight talk before. I had the zte merit...straight talk androids arent that good so i went with metro and got the lg motion....i like straight talk but i wouldnt like to use thier version of androids. Thats why i ask if theres a way that i can unlock the motion and use it on straight talk network...thanks

Upvote 0
Can you unlock lg motion to use it on other carriers like straight talk??? So far this is the best phone i had considering i usef to be with straight talk before. I had the zte merit...straight talk androids arent that good so i went with metro and got the lg motion....i like straight talk but i wouldnt like to use thier version of androids. Thats why i ask if theres a way that i can unlock the motion and use it on straight talk network...thanks

Welcome to AF, I merged your thread with this since it's a similar topic and this has the answer ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones