• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking into Aria but have a Question

_Cody_

I want to know if any of you know how much data the weather widget along with other widgets will use. Since i am only going to get the 200mb data plan i will be strictly watching my data usage. Looking forward to see if you guys know anything about this.;)

That's a good question. I can't answer it directly, but I can give you advice. You can set the widgets, under the widget's settings, only to update manually. This way you're in control of how much data you use. :)

Thanks Steven58, i will surely be doing that. Hopefully someone on this site knows the answer to this question directly but if not ill just manage in manually.

I have the same plan, and it never used much data (granted I am on wifi at home, so if you don't have wifi at home you may have different results).

I do have a wifi network at my house and that is where ill spend most of my time so i should be in the clear. Thanks for the reply ls377

I want to know if any of you know how much data the weather widget along with other widgets will use. Since i am only going to get the 200mb data plan i will be strictly watching my data usage. Looking forward to see if you guys know anything about this.;)

Not 100 % sure on how much data the weather widget uses but I have the exact same data package with AT&T and I rarely use my data... mostly Wi-Fi if at all possible so my data usage is next to none... I can tell you this... the 1st day I received my Aria I used 113MB of data within about a 30 minute period...

If I didn't have WiFi at home, the 200mb plan would not suffice!

I used about 80% (180mb) each of the last two months.

Remember if you go over, even just 1mb, you are charged another $15 for another 200mb.

So if you go over you might as well go data crazy :eek: and try to get your money's worth!!

By the way I don't really know why I have a mad android icon on this post. Must of hit it by accident!

I used 50mb last month. This would include weather widgets, email and calendar apps. I probably downloaded some apps too. I too have wifi at home, otherwise I am sure the use would be a little higher. So far as of 9/19 I have used 4.1mb. Using that as a daily average I might use 60-100mb this month. I am considering dropping the $25 2gb in favor of the $15 250mb plan.

Back
Top Bottom