• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Losing Icons on LauncherPro Dock

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with my custom icons on my LauncherPro dock disappearing after my phone goes on standby, or I plug in my phone to my pc, or something like that. The icons switch back from the custom to the standard LauncherPro icons. However, it's not doing it on every icon, the mail and text custom icons stay, but the phone, app drawer, and web icons revert back to stock. What gives?!?

Here's what I'm talking about:

snap20100805_121911.png

snap20100805_121835.png

Same exact problem. With the same exact icons. I've noticed that it happens....

1) When LauncherPro reboots
2) When I enter and close certain applications...ie Dropbox.

Yup, I'm having the same exact problem. Has anyone heard of a fix for this?

Same problem here..There are certain icons like Mail,Messaging and Camera that apparently Launcher Pro has problems overwriting...

I'm assuming this is a post 2.2 upgrade issue? If so, which update did you do? Just curious, as I did the "leaked" version and have not had any issues with LP. My icons have stayed exactly the way they were before. Also, are you rooted?

Mine was changing back when it went into landscape mode. I went back to change shortcut and selected blank and then went back in and selected the one I really want and changed icon then. I haven't had an issue since.

I am rooted on the 2.2 deodexed .6 stock ROM. Not using any custom kernels. I will try taking off landscape mode and see if that works. I don't really care for landscape on the home screen anyways.

i had the same problem until i did this

to get the icons to stay you have to change the shortcut aswell IE if its already your text messages app go through the steps

click to change shortcut to text even tho it already is and then pick your custom icon they will stay after that

for some reason you always have to change the shortcut even tho your keeping it the same and the custom icon will stick

i had the same problem until i did this

to get the icons to stay you have to change the shortcut aswell IE if its already your text messages app go through the steps

click to change shortcut to text even tho it already is and then pick your custom icon they will stay after that

for some reason you always have to change the shortcut even tho your keeping it the same and the custom icon will stick

Just tried that method. Hopefully it will work. Thanks

Yep...I figured this out today as well. I recently flashed to Fresh newes ROM and ran into this issue. Now if I can only figure out why I get a badge notification on my mail icon when I get a text message. strange...

Here's an example. So everytime I get a new text message. I get an alert badge on my text icon and on my mail icon at the same time. I double checked to see if I actually had an unread email. But I didn't. This happens every time I get a new text message.

2m7g0t5.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with my custom icons on my LauncherPro dock disappearing after my phone goes on standby, or I plug in my phone to my pc, or something like that. The icons switch back from the custom to the standard LauncherPro icons. However, it's not doing it on every icon, the mail and text custom icons stay, but the phone, app drawer, and web icons revert back to stock. What gives?!?

hodedofme, where did you find the text icons? I like them, but haven't had any luck finding them through searching. Thanks!

I found them on the Let Us Peek At Your Screens! thread. Here's a zip file of them: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hc8ka1p5r1u6ssu

I need to figure out a way to make text icons for all the other apps.

FYI taking off landscape mode has definitely make the icons 'stick' for a good while longer. Only time I've seen them revert back was while restarting the phone. I haven't tried the latest fix from this post yet.

I'm having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM, with the SAME EXACT ICONS. And whats weirder, one time I was so annoyed with it that I just left them alone and a few hours later, my custom icons came back.

Does anybody know how to get the Power Control widget to be clear like the OP and some others have showing?

Back
Top Bottom