• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tbone1319

Oct 1, 2010
Any way to get it back? Followed to guide to root with the new update and peets tool and everything went fine. Rebooted when finished, it installed superuser and i was good to go. Put phone on the charger and came back later and have no root. Tried peets tool again but now i get a error saying it cant root . Am I SOL or is there some way i can et this fixed?

Any way to get it back? Followed to guide to root with the new update and peets tool and everything went fine. Rebooted when finished, it installed superuser and i was good to go. Put phone on the charger and came back later and have no root. Tried peets tool again but now i get a error saying it cant root . Am I SOL or is there some way i can et this fixed?

This should work... follow the intstructions:
http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/434407-how-flash-893-update-maintain-root.html

I realize you tried this already... just be careful and precise.

Upvote 0

did you flash the OTA .893? If so you can use this [ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki

If you still have the original release you can use this. One-click fastboot restore and root for the bionic v2.1 - RootzWiki

You will find your version under setting-about phone system version it will be either 5.5.893 or 5.5.866

Upvote 0
did you flash the OTA .893? If so you can use this [ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki

If you still have the original release you can use this. One-click fastboot restore and root for the bionic v2.1 - RootzWiki

You will find your version under setting-about phone system version it will be either 5.5.893 or 5.5.866

This works ^^. Dhacker updated the file to include a few strings that helped fixed some issues me and a couple of others were having. I couldn't do forever root before .893 OTA so I decided to the opposite and flash .893 then root it. Works fine and I have root :p

Upvote 0
Could you give us more detail as to what procedure you're using and where the error pops up? Sounds to me like there's a command that isn't running properly in the script.

Since you're already updated to .893 you're only option is to used r3l3ased. As dfib pointed out you need to make sure that you're phone is set to debugging mode and make sure that the usb is set to charge only. The current version of r3l3ased is v1.1 as of last nite. I had problems with v1.0 but it was fixed last nite. Makes sure that you extract all the files in the zip into one directory and just run r3l3asedboot.bat. It's a simple one step procedure. Follow the instructions carefully on the screen. If you encounter any errors copy and past the script on the screen. It's all DOS based so you should be able to highlight copy and paste.

Upvote 0
Please make sure you do the following:

(a) If you see the prompt: "waiting for device" you need to download the
Motorola Mobile Drivers V5.2.1
For 32-bit drivers go here:
http://bandbinnovations.com/xda/bionic//Motorola_PreRelease_Mobile_Drivers_5.2.1
For 64-bit drivers go here:
http://bandbinnovations.com/xda/bionic//Motorola_PreRelease_Mobile_Drivers_5.2.1
(b) Hold down the Volume down button and push power to enter AP Fastboot mode
(c) Plug in your phone by USB
ress any key to continue . . .
Flashing system.img
fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
perable program or batch file.
Wiping data and cache
Rebooting your phone now, factory system restored

This will take a bit.

DROID BIONIC R3L3AS3D Root and 43V3R Root *

and set USB Mode to Charge Only

READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID BIONIC WHEN YOU ARE!
adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
* Running zergRush exploit..."
Installing busybox, su, and SuperUser apk...
Installing 43V3R Root...
All done! Your phone should now be 43V3R rooted!
Flash Cheesecake OTA 893 or [R3]BLURR3D V2.0 PBX

This is what i get when running this program...USB is set to charge only and USB debugging is also on..Phone system version is 5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US. Android version 2.3.4. Build number 5.5.1_DBN-62.............Im pulling my hair out here...NEED HELP

Upvote 0
I am not having much luck. I have tried the fastbook that I used originally and the new R3L3AS3DRoot. Both restore the stock sytem and wipe cache, the immediately reboot, and the phone wants me to setup goggle etc. I press any key in the script to root, but it the scripts just sit there doing nothing. I cannot root, so I cannot load TiBu to restore my roms etc.

I am getting realoly annoyed. This whole thing started because of the freaking BSOD.

Upvote 0
Weird. have you tried to just manually root it yourself, instead of going these other one click / fastboot routes?

If you use the Method to completely restore your phone to pure stock, like it was when you first bought it, after that you should be able to root again....

The only root tool I know is Pete's which is run in Fastboot. I tried it, but it just says it is waiting for the phone, which is plugged in.

When running either stock/root scripts, it downloads system and erases data and cache, then says to wiaur for reboot, and warns it could take a minute. The phone boots, but the rooting part of the script doesn't wait for the reboot.

Help me, I am stuck with a stock bionic. Yuck!

Upvote 0
After several tries, computer reboots, and rereading JohnGalt's post several times (as a sedative) I was able to get Pete's root program to work. I then was able to run titanium backup to reload all my stuff from the sd-ext, reload the bootloader, and reflash my trusted Th3oryRom. All is well. Am am going downstairs and have a beer. John, thanks for being there to talk me down! If I ever have the good fortune to make your acquaintance up close, I owe you a beer. Or a case!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones