• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love it to Death

bluetwo

Dec 5, 2010
here's yet another, I just got my shiney new Vibrant thread!

I love this thing to death though. I haven't found anything I can get used to on it. Obviously mine has many of the same "issues" people talk about it having but overall I have to say the phone rocks!!

Swype isn't as easy as I thought it would be. That might take a good bit more getting used to.

here's yet another, I just got my shiney new Vibrant thread!

I love this thing to death though. I haven't found anything I can get used to on it. Obviously mine has many of the same "issues" people talk about it having but overall I have to say the phone rocks!!

Swype isn't as easy as I thought it would be. That might take a good bit more getting used to.

If you don't like swype (neither do I), you can change the keyboard you use by doing a long press, and changing the input method. I like the android keyboard.

Reactions: bluetwo
Upvote 0
Yeah, I agree, it's a pretty rad device. There's a bit a of a learning curve, but SWYPE really starts to fly after a week of using it.

But if you go into Menu/Settings/Locale & Text, you can change your default keyboard. You can also find the SWYPE settings there too. Try changing the Speed vs. Accuracy setting and turn on/off Word Prediction to see if that helps things.

Upvote 0
Um, so you just long press anywhere on the keyboard?

I don't know if I'll do it because I like swyping it for now. Maybe I'll get over it at some point though, never know.

No, you long press anywhere you can type. For example, pretend you are going to write a text message. Go in the white text box, and long press. Then choose input method. Then change the keyboard. I much prefer the Android keyboard.

If none of those keyboards are to your liking, you can install different ones.

Some more tips. You can go into settings and tinker with the keyboard settings, dictionary, word prediction, actions, etc. For example, I don't like my keyboard doing anything for me other than being a keyboard. No word prediction, no automatic spaces, no automatic periods, etc. I just like a plane keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones