• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lovin' the new Seidio Ext. Batt

Picked up the new Seidio 3200 extended battery for my GS2 and I love it! I also had the ext batt for my Captivate but this battery is much thinner! Don't know how they managed it but the thinness sure is appreciated. Amazing battery life with my average usage, no power user for sure and radio's only on when I want them on. Also the "soft touch coating" that Seidio uses is so nice, you really have more grip. Door fits very well, tightly all around. You seat in on the bottom first, then work clockwise around the phone until it is all snapped into place.

Link to Seidio site: seidioonline.com

Link to where I purchased a tad cheaper: Seidio Innocell 3200mAh Extended Battery for AT&T Galaxy S II - Android Batteries - ShopAndroid

A couple pics:

seidio.JPG

seidioback.JPG

Reactions: SGS2
i bought on december, 2011, my 2nd seidio, and they do a very good job. i definitely agree, as mungen has a $99 list price, and seidio is around $70 for the same 3,200 mAh capacity. seidio is definitely a great company. mungen is 50% more expensive.

the first time i installed the cover, i accidentially broke off the cover's tabs, and they sent out a free replacement cover. i took 30 minutes to do it when i first installed it, and followed the instructions for mounting it, but i still messed it up. regardless, i appreciated a free replacement cover.

anyway, something to keep in mind, they do sell just (only) the back cover for around $15 if you need a replacement. i bought an extra rear cover just in case i need it because if you break the tabs, it takes a week to get a new cover and in the mean time, the cover falls off. just my experience.......

Upvote 0
well, the seidio 3,200mAh battery last about 2 times longer the stock 1,650 mAh oem, so i suppose if someone wanted to charge and juggle 2 or 3 batteries, instead of just one seidio, your idea could work.

however, if keys or coins touch the battery contacts in your pocket, it will drain/short out the battery, and if forgotten in a pocket, the washing maching will ruin it.. also, if you but extra standard batteries, oem or not, it will cost as much as just one $70 seidio. for me a $70 seidio is an excellent value for doubling the battery life.

Reactions: NoMoreSymbian
Upvote 0
thsoe GTMAX batteries look like they are made from the same company that made my vibrant batteries... which were horrid. the seido batteries are made in taiwan at least, so i'd think the quality on those should be better... but there's no way in hell that it would cost the company even half of that $70 to manufacture.

Upvote 0
Wow. I bought the GTMAX 3500 mah battery off of Amazon for $15, and so far, it's amazing. Check the other thread on here about it. I feel really sorry for you that you spent like 6 TIMES more than I did for the same thing.

X

its the quality. i've read the reviews and some ppl have problems with longevity hence the $15. still great value though.

seidio = japanese cells, made in Taiwan

Upvote 0
this battery is insane..getting like 80 hours with very moderate use

the casing it comes in is already a great addition. I wanted to preserve the galaxy's thinness and wow factor but i could barely hold it while texting or dialing, almost dropped it a few times. the battery now gives you a grip while handling the phone.

Upvote 0
thsoe GTMAX batteries look like they are made from the same company that made my vibrant batteries... which were horrid. the seido batteries are made in taiwan at least, so i'd think the quality on those should be better... but there's no way in hell that it would cost the company even half of that $70 to manufacture.
valid point that seidio has a huge profit margin, but i have had excellent success with seidio batteries on my old captivate and now on my sgs2. and when i say success, i mean the battery holds its charge and has had no defects or recharging memory problems.

regardless of who makes a battery, as with laptops, a battery is only going to last a certain amount of cycles, or charges. seidio, in my experience has lasted longer than i used my phone.

for example, my captivate's seidio never wore out - i got a new phone, the sgs2, before it even could. also, having a seidio on my sgs2 i bet i will be buying a new phone before the sgs2 seidio battery dies out.

if you want to talk about a rip off, mungen charges $99 for their sgs2 extended 3,200 mAh battery. that is 50% more than seidio, and seidio's battery cover is soft and furry. i feel sorry for anyone who buys a mungen.

Upvote 0
I had a similar experience as the poster above. I tried like a madman to get the battery cover on, eventually snapping one of the tabs. I ordered a replacement cover, was extremely careful with it and eventually I got it on. Their directions say to go clockwise from the bottom. I ended up doing bottom first, then right side, left side, and top last. I had a full day use with the stock battery, the extended battery could probably give me about 2-2.5 days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones