• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low storage space for no reason?

HenriettaB

Lurker
Jul 22, 2013
Hello,

My phone seems to have lower internal memory than I'd like (1). When I look at the 'Applications manager' it shows the problem to be Spotify(2); however, on the Spotify app info it shows the app as being stored on my SD card(3).

What is taking up so much internal memory? What do I need to delete to restore some? What's going on with Spotify?

Thanks
HenriettaB

Attachments

• 2013-07-23 02.03.56.png
    2013-07-23 02.03.56.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-07-23 02.04.08.png
    2013-07-23 02.04.08.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 2013-07-23 02.04.32.png
    2013-07-23 02.04.32.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 68
Welcome to the forums HenriettaB. Try cleaning your cache files out. It's amazing how fast those things build up. Clean Master (Cleaner) is a free app in the Play Store that sort of automates the process among other things. I use it weekly.

Thanks! That helped a lot! :D

Does anyone know a way to get Spotify to be on my external SD card, then?

I've looked through their forum a lot but I can't seem to find a reliable way to do it.

Upvote 0
Thanks! That helped a lot! :D

Does anyone know a way to get Spotify to be on my external SD card, then?

I've looked through their forum a lot but I can't seem to find a reliable way to do it.

*Go to Settings and in the bottom select to "Delete cache and saved data". You will be logged out.

*Log in again and go to Settings and set Download/Stream Quality to "Extreme Quality"

*Download your playlists and they will be saved to SD card.

Upvote 0
*Go to Settings and in the bottom select to "Delete cache and saved data". You will be logged out.

*Log in again and go to Settings and set Download/Stream Quality to "Extreme Quality"

*Download your playlists and they will be saved to SD card.

I've deleted the cache and saved data before and all it meant was I had to redownload all of my playlists (which took ages and thus I want to avoid if possible) and it didn't change where it was saved, or how much space it took up.

Although, I didn't change the quality to 'extreme' before I redownloaded- but I don't see how that will move the app and everything to my external SD card?

Upvote 0
I've deleted the cache and saved data before and all it meant was I had to redownload all of my playlists (which took ages and thus I want to avoid if possible) and it didn't change where it was saved, or how much space it took up.

Although, I didn't change the quality to 'extreme' before I redownloaded- but I don't see how that will move the app and everything to my external SD card?

first of all sorry for letting you go through that step

I don't have the app neither use it in my pc but i looked for a solution for your problem that's all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones