• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LTE Question

I'm not 100% sure on this but I've heard once you go over the 2.5gb you lose access to the lte/3g data speeds and get bumped down to 1x/2g until your plan renews.

I have the ZTE AWE and even though I went over 2.5GBs it still shows the 3G icon. So would it still show the LTE icon or I won't even be able to use it? And I wish when LTE gets throttled it's not as bad as 3G. D;

Upvote 0
I have the ZTE AWE and even though I went over 2.5GBs it still shows the 3G icon. So would it still show the LTE icon or I won't even be able to use it? And I wish when LTE gets throttled it's not as bad as 3G. D;

Ya it'll still show the 3g icon but your still getting 1x/2g speeds though.

I've never experienced getting throttled at all, much less on lte service. I'd imagine it will still show the lte icon but speeds slowed down a lot.

Upvote 0
I got throttled last week for the first time since having virgin mobile because of a glitch in my rom which kept downloading updates. You still get LTE but it's just throttled to really slow speeds. I was using my phone after it being throttled and noticed that Web page loaded faster than usual and did a Speedtest and saw that I was getting LTE speeds again even though my cycle wasn't supposed to reset for another 15 days. After using my phone for the next few days there are times when I get LTE and times when I am throttled. I seem to be getting more LTE than throttled Internet though. Maybe virgin still does not have their throttling system down pat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones