• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Major Issues

HwDzBeAzT

I really need help asap my phone stuck in downlowd mode and its the only mode it can go in and out of what can i do??????

It wont go into reboot fastboot etc when you push volume and power button where that screen of recovery pops up it wont do that its a galaxy prevail 2 please somebody help me :-(

Hey there, I moved your thread here so that others with your device could help out:)

I don't have your device so I am not all that familiar with it, sorry. :(

Have you tried to pull the battery for a few minutes then try to power on?

for a few minutes no but i have tryed it from like a minute maybe most and now out the clear blue sky it turns on but when i reboot it stays off :-(

Originally Posted by HwDzBeAzT
SURE NOT A PROBLEM AND MY QUESTION IS MY POST CAN YOU HELP? I USED ROM MANAGER DOWNLOADED RECOVERY AND THAN TRYED TO GET A ROM THE PHONE JUST BLACKED OUT AND ONLY MODE IT WILL GO TO IS DOWNLOAD MODE OH AM SORRY I BELEIVE I PRESSED ON BACK UP THIS ROM SOMETHING LIKE THAT I NEED MY PHONE TO BE WORKING ASAP ITS MY BREAD AND BUTTER ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED MIKESTONY

yes i rooted it with framaroot and i flashed a rom it got out of the fromware error screen now it wont trun on it starts and turns off think its bootloop? ill try again tho

1380760505786.jpg

Will this kernal work with new mh5 update cuz it keeps popping up on the phone and its getting annoying but I don't want to risk updating software again and risk it bricking one more time went thru geek to recover

it'll work. just dont take the mh5 update over the deoxed rom or it will bootloop. Everything on the forums should be compatible with everything availiable on this device.

it'll work. just dont take the mh5 update over the deoxed rom or it will bootloop. Everything on the forums should be compatible with everything availiable on this device.

Actually, the mh5 update will fail it's assert test and cancel installing if you have deodexed, removed system files, changed recovery, or changed kernel.

If you look in the updater-script in the zip, you can see where it checks the md5sum on almost everything before it installs.

The best option would be to use odin to put in the stock MH5 image, then root it, remove the recovery-from-boot.p file from /system, install CWM again, and then flash your custom kernel

I tried flashing the mh5 with Odin and it doesn't wanna work it fails and I tried to install zip in recovery but it aborts installation

I don't think I am cuz I flash the kernel no problems I opened Odin clicked pda chose the file clicked start it begins checks md5 sums setup connection.... stays for a few mins like that's n skips thru with fail...After something days bad file

Back
Top Bottom