• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Major Problem with Huawei Ascend G300

peterclarke

Lurker
Dec 19, 2014
I bought my Huawei Ascend G300 in August 2014, and was running perfectly until I noticed that I couldn't draw (Snapchat) on some parts on my screen. Only a line underneath halfway was unresponsive. So I left it and it got worse, now my phone can't even unlock, only sometimes which is a few days. Some days it is working perfectly but when I sleep and wake up my phone is un-responsive again. Above the unresponsive line works, but sometimes under the un-responsive line doesn't work too, even the Home and Back buttons don't work sometimes. I have tried everything, a hard reset (lost all my data), a factory reset, restart, power off/on, take battery out and put it back in. I suspected water damage so I put my phone in a container of rice (I know this works because I dropped my old phone into water and it worked) but nothing happened. So I turned my phone on and tilted it towards me and in the phone at the bottom is a white line with black dots within it (This isn't normal because my brother has the exact same phone but the line isn't there)
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I don't have a warranty and I don't have the money to buy a new phone :( I love this phone and can't bear to lose it.

Thank you very much
10872189_784302238309692_2110411766_n.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones