• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Manipulating CM10 Settings

stef7

Android Expert
OK, I have CM10 loaded on my Touchpad. I have a Properties editor loaded. Does anyone know where the setting for shutdown due to low battery resides, or is that a custom feature placed in the CM10 build to save our TPs from the "Sleep of Death"?

My understanding is it's set at compile time so not easily changed by the user.:D

There are apps (like tasker, I think) that will do the same thing.

I hope you make a backup in recovery before changing anything, because one wrong setting and you could start boot-loopin'. :D

Thanks for the response. OK, with what I have loaded, what is the means of performing a backup?

Thanks,

I was thinking a Nandroid backup was another kind of app I had to load. When I held down the power button, I wasn't given a screen with Recovery on it like in the video... In the past I was selecting Power Off...

If I select Reboot, then I get a Recovery option I can select. Yay!

Is there any way to put the Recovery option right on that first screen like in the video? Is there a setting for that?

Managed to perform a backup using CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.9.

Thank you (again).

Nothing special about the moboot menu.

I get see the menu with every power up and reboot. I also see it when exiting recovery.

It's possible you might have trouble with your boot partition being too full, a common problem if you have cwm AND twrp recoveries installed and/or moboot themes, since the boot partition wasn't intended to have all this content added.

You can check the size of your /boot folder using Root Explorer (not free) or a similar root-enabled file explorer app. ES Explorer might also work, but I have no experience with it.

Back
Top Bottom