• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root md5 not recognised

A

Android Question

sir
i have htc inspire 4g with 2.3.5 android. IN [how to]unlock,install recovery,and root with htcdev. is given FLASH A RECOVERY i am doing it in a same way ,

c:\mini-adb_vigor>adb devices
List of devices attached
[Removed by Mod] device

c:\mini-adb_vigor>md5sums ace_recovery_ext_4.
'md5sums' is not recognized as an internal or
operable program or batch file.

i am getting this error.Help me.

Make sure that you removed the recovery.img from the zip file and placed in your c:\mini-adb_vigor> directory.

Run the command md5sums recovery.img

It looks like he has renamed the recovery.img to "recovery.img" in the download.

IF it still will not work, you can download an md5 checker. Here's the one I use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v54n3v04gqt49cn/md5.exe

No need to even install, it just runs. Copy the md5 provided in the tutorial and paste it into the checker. Then select the recovery.img and it will compare the two.

If you are still having issues, I would highly suggest signing up so you can ask questions real time in the root section for your device.

Good luck!! I hope you get it. :)

Now continue forward with the guide. The codes match so that means you got a good download, now it's time to flash the recovery.

The bold below are the commands to enter.
-boot to bootloader:

adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity:

fastboot devices

-should return serial number
-permanently flash your recovery to phones recovery partition:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

After that last command you should successfully have a custom recovery installed. To boot into your new recovery after flashing, use this command: fastboot boot recovery.img

md5 matched using md5 checker software but in cmd still shows not recognised.

c:\mini-adb_vigor>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT13HT206630 device

c:\mini-adb_vigor>md5sums ace_recovery_ext_4.img
'md5sums' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

c:\mini-adb_vigor>md5sums recovery.img

c:\mini-adb_vigor>adb reboot bootloader

c:\mini-adb_vigor>fastboot devices
HT13HT206630 fastboot

c:\mini-adb_vigor>fastboot boot recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img
cannot load 'recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img'

this is all coming after that. what to do.

c:\mini-adb_vigor>md5sums ace_recovery_ext_4.img

c:\mini-adb_vigor>md5sums recovery.img

c:\mini-adb_vigor>adb reboot bootloader

HT13HT206630 fastboot

this is all coming after that. what to do.

it looks like Scotty has named the recovery "recovery.img.

Try flashing the recovery by typing exactly this: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

HT13HT206630 fastboot

c:\mini-adb_vigor>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (6090 KB)... OKAY [ 1.092s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.802s]
finished. total time: 1.895s

scotty say: -youll see a (really fast) green status bar on the top right as your PC sends the recovery to your phone. youll then see the HTC splash screen,then your recovery.

but there was nothing.
and how can i go to recovery menu ??
please explain the flash superuser root files*.

thanku very much.Everything is done. now tell me how to install custom rom.and when i will install the custom rom incase i want to go back to the previous one can i go back??

Yes you can go back if you install a custom rom. What you need to do is boot into your recovery and go to the backup/restore menu. Choose backup, and check everything. Let it go. It can take awhile depending how much you have on your device. Probably between 3-10 minutes.

Do this backup before changing roms. If anything goes wrong, it will let you restore your phone to exactly how it was when you backed it up.

I would download the free 4ext recovery app: http://www.4ext.net/get.php?apk and install recovery again through the app. When it asks if you're s-on say yes. This will enable the smart flash feature. It makes flashing roms a lot simpler while s-on.

Okay, to install a custom you will go into the recovery enter the wipe menu and format all partitions except sd card. Then you will go in install. Browse your sd card for the rom you chose and it will install that rom.

send me the link s-off and installing custom on on htc inspire 4g 2.3.5 after rooting thru scotty's steps of rooting.

Here is an s-off guide for your device: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-s-off-simunlock-supercid-inspire-4g-dhd.html

You can find a list of some roms as a starting point in the all things root guide here: http://androidforums.com/inspire-4g-all-things-root/515230-htc-inspire-4g-all-things-root-guide.html

Keep in mind, I don't have your specific device, so I can't really make any rom suggestions for you. If you'd like I can move this thread over into the root forum for your device so that other users with your device can offer some information as well.

Would you like me to move it there for you?

Are you attempting to do this? http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-how-unlock-install-recovery-root-htcdev.html

I never had that issue, with the exception that I forgot to remove the image file from the .zip folder, and then rename the image.

If what you attempted to do is similar to the thread, try starting from scratch, the instructions on moving the folders, dropping necessary files, et centra, so you know you're up to speed, you might have missed something.

i have done everything . I dont know S-OFF or s-ON . i want to install cynogenmod on my phone . after your scotty's process can i install it without touching S-off or s-on whatever it is. just tell me the way in easy simple english language.

hi
i did everything u asked me to do. but something's wrong i wiped out data and cache and then from sd card flash cynogen 7 zip file now my phone is hanged on HTC green symbol on white screen. Nothing is happenening please help me i ll got any other phone . please

sir i am installing trickdroid rom using 4ext recovery after wiping and all i install the zip file from sd card , it reboots and stays on one screen only ie green colored Htc then i ve to recover my old rom . please help me
thankyou

I am going to move this to the Inspire all things root section for you. Like I said, I cannot really offer a rom choice for you because I don't have this device.

If it's anything like the HTC Evo 3d, I am assuming that CM7 would not work because it's incompatible with your current bootloader (hboot) version.

On the Evo 3d we have to have s-off and downgrade our hboot version to be compatible with those roms.

Your device has an active root section so you will get the best help in there!!

I am going to move this to the Inspire all things root section for you. Like I said, I cannot really offer a rom choice for you because I don't have this device.

If it's anything like the HTC Evo 3d, I am assuming that CM7 would not work because it's incompatible with your current bootloader (hboot) version.

On the Evo 3d we have to have s-off and downgrade our hboot version to be compatible with those roms.

Your device has an active root section so you will get the best help in there!!
Related, unsure if you wish to merge the threads. Same OP. http://androidforums.com/htc-inspire-4g/771007-md5-not-recognised.html

Back
Top Bottom