• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fldude99

Android Expert
Oct 10, 2010
NW FL
Over the last few months I've seen from time to time, keypad shortcuts to menus not available through settings, such as LBS, Battery use, volume, etc. If someone savvy enough to know all those shortcuts would post them in one place I think it would be useful..thanks.

The app recommended doesn't require root?

Unless I misunderstand (from http://www.appbrain.com/app/captivate-sgs-tools/captivate.sgs.tools):

"Disclaimer: You are using this software at your own risk. Except for the Secret codes, root and an installed busybox is needed."

It isn't clear from that whether you need to be rooted to install it though. Even on the XDA site, the developer says requires root but not for secret codes. Anyway, I can always take a screen shot of them and post it if folks don't want to take the chance installing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones