• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Menu shortcuts

fldude99

Android Expert
Over the last few months I've seen from time to time, keypad shortcuts to menus not available through settings, such as LBS, Battery use, volume, etc. If someone savvy enough to know all those shortcuts would post them in one place I think it would be useful..thanks.

"Keypad shortcuts.." Do you mean dialer shortcuts? There's an app for that (SGS Tools) which makes available all those "secret" codes.

The app recommended doesn't require root?

Unless I misunderstand (from http://www.appbrain.com/app/captivate-sgs-tools/captivate.sgs.tools):

"Disclaimer: You are using this software at your own risk. Except for the Secret codes, root and an installed busybox is needed."

It isn't clear from that whether you need to be rooted to install it though. Even on the XDA site, the developer says requires root but not for secret codes. Anyway, I can always take a screen shot of them and post it if folks don't want to take the chance installing it.

SGS tools is ok, but its not all inclusive. For example, *#*#197328640#*#* brings up the audio menu that is fairly useful and not to be found in sgs tools

Back
Top Bottom