• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mesmerize Known Issues

i have a problem .. my wife and I both own the mesmerize and we have the latest updates (eh09 for hardware I500.04) well anyway mine works great... had the screen capture glitch for a day when i first updated but my wifes phone previously and and still now has a problem with the display turning off and not coming back on. the buttons will light up and she can get phone calls and texts but the screen will remain black and then a few minutes later will come back on.. even taking the battery out doesnt help .... the upgrade helped a little but it still does it ... anyone have any suggestions or had this happen before........ just let me know
:thinking:

Upvote 0
hello im a neewb to the mesmerize and accidentially did a odin 3 Captivate reset to it. its now not even comming on. any help i can recieve will be more than I have now..... H.....E....L....P...........

That would not be a "known issue." That would be "user error."

To get help unbricking your phone, check the All About Root subforum. Or try looking on rootzwiki.com

Upvote 0
I have the Mesmorize and have the same problem of not being able to get a screen back when on a call. If I am talking I cannot switch to an incoming call or hang up or anything. Have tired pulling battery and cannot find or change any settings to fix this. Do you or anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have identical problem, removed batter, no fix, what can we do to fix? Screen will not come back to get new calls or even hang up on the current call

I've had my mezmerize for about two months now and love almost everything. I originally started out with an HTC Desire and actually loved that phone even better except that it kept overheating and died within the first two weeks. The major reason I
changed to the Mezmerize, however, was because the Desire had a very weak antenna and could not pick up a signal at my apartment where I never had a problem before with other phones. The mezmerize gets a very strong signal at the same location.
The BIGGEST annoyance I have is the screen shutting off during a call. When I call someplace that requires entering touch tones to navigate their voice system, I can't do it at all. After the screen shuts off it won't turn back on. I can't dial numbers, hangup, or anything. It's as if though it stops detecting motion. Sometimes the screen returns when I slap it only to have it shut off again after 5 seconds. There should at least be a configuration option to set the screen shutoff time during a call. Has anyone else had this problem?

Upvote 0
I have identical problem, removed batter, no fix, what can we do to fix? Screen will not come back to get new calls or even hang up on the current call

The only time I have had this problem has been when I have my phone connected via bluetooth to my vehicle. If I turn off the vehicle and continue on my call on the handset, the phone does not recognize the end of the call, no matter what I do. I can't get the screen back on, etc. I either have to wait for the call to disconnect by the other party, or go back to my vehicle and kill the call from the switch on the steering wheel.

Most of the time its just a minor annoyance, but that is the only time I have the problem.

Upvote 0
I've had a lot of issues with this phone, Not receiving calls or the phone blocking numbers at random even though I just called the same number and talked to someone. The phone freezes and on an almost daily basis won't allow me to receive text messages though it will allow me to send them and the recipient gets them. I've tried restoring my phone to the factory default (Multiple times) as well as just cutting it on and off as well as removing the battery for when it freezes and it never seems to work.It also appears to have an issue with the camera when the flash is on, I will take a photo there is a flash and then the screen just goes black all the buttons are still working but the screen itself is unresponsive which leads to having to take the battery out all over again. :(

Suggestions?

Upvote 0
Take it back in and have them give you a replacement. It should not be giving you that much trouble.

I've had to replace mine once, over a year ago. It has been working just fine. It is starting to act up from time to time, but nothing near to the level of what you are describing.

See if you can convince them to give you the new Galaxy S II. It is the Mesmerize replacement phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones