• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][4.4][BETA][UNOFFICIAL]Cyanogemod 11 for D2MTR

hroark13

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2011
This is an BETA release and is for testing only. A lot of things work, and some do not, I will update the list as people report to me.

This is for advanced users, testers, and developers

Working
a lot of stuff

Not Working
Mobile data - I do not have service on this phone, so can not test, but I am pretty sure it does not work right or may be slow or something

You need to have Clock Work Mod version 6.0.4.3 to install this. it can be downloaded at clockworkmod.com or installed with ROM Manager

If you try to install this ROM with an older CWM or TWRP you will get this error

"set_metadata recursive some changes failed" during the install process

Instructions:
Download ROM and GAPPS to your sdcard
Install CWM 6.0.4.3
MAKE A BACKUP IN CWM 6.0.4.3
Wipe Data / factory reset in CWM 6.0.4.3
Flash the ROM
Flash GAPPS

DOWNLOAD THE ROM
Latest Build from Quechon

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Okh5zplCjTLW9DT1p3NGwyZVU/preview

DOWNLOAD THE VERSION GAPPS FOR THIS ROM FROM dhacker29
http://http://d-h.st/EIM

I want to thank

Android Forums for having me back, and providing a great place to be
CyanogenMod team for their awesomeness
Koush for ClockWorkMOD
invisiblek and the folks in freenode.net #verizons3 for all the patches they provided
quechon for participating and making updated builds
And a special thanks to jetx2x for all his help with this

When I have time I will write some instructions on how to build this yourself

OLD BUILDS

hK

Glad to have you back man :)

to anyone that doesnt know who hroark is, he helped my out a ton and taught me all sorts of stuff back on boost's first android phone, the prevail. i couldnt even compile anything back then and he helped me learn all that i do today :).

thanks for the compliments Shabby

It is good to be back

Upvote 0
ok, thanks for testing, be sure you factory wipe

Alright I've been running this for about 3 hours now. So far EVERYTHING has been working perfectly for me. One thing I haven't tested is Bluetooth. Other than that its been amazing. Very smooth and fully functioning. More fully functional than any 4.4 Cm11 built ROM for other Carriers S3's. Thank you so much for this!

Edit: Also, tried installing with twrp just for the heck of it but it failed. Latest version of CWM works perfect though. :p

Upvote 0
Alright I've been running this for about 3 hours now. So far EVERYTHING has been working perfectly for me. One thing I haven't tested is Bluetooth. Other than that its been amazing. Very smooth and fully functioning. More fully functional than any 4.4 Cm11 built ROM for other Carriers S3's. Thank you so much for this!

Edit: Also, tried installing with twrp just for the heck of it but it failed. Latest version of CWM works perfect though. :p

your welcome, thanks for testing

Reactions: speed72584
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones