• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] LG F6MT TWRP 2.8 (testers needed)

Works great... I made a back up no problem.

Only issue I saw was no option to format my SD card under advance settings.

Thanks for all that you do!

FB

Thanks so much for the update. Does the version 2.8 support ext4 backups? IIRC your previous version only supported ext3 backups

Thanks so much for the update. Does the version 2.8 support ext4 backups? IIRC your previous version only supported ext3 backups
shoot forgot that

will maybe have time on the weekend to do one that has it

to be honest, I trying to figure out what the advantage is of this new version and why should I not just stick with the older original version I put out

shoot forgot that

will maybe have time on the weekend to do one that has it

to be honest, I trying to figure out what the advantage is of this new version and why should I not just stick with the older original version I put out
it seems like most of the recent TWRP updates deal with the ability to theme the recovery and bug fixes for mtp device mode support. The current TWRP and the previous TWRP you ported works great, and adding ext4 support to either one would make them even better.

1- It doesn't have partition SD Card in Advanced menu.
2- My "adb sideload" doesn't work, but it was working with the previous version. When I entered the sideload, it installed LG G2 driver on pc and when I use adb devices, it gives me no attached device.
3- nine days ago version 2.8.2 came out

4- What's the difference between wiping "SD-Ext" and "External SDCard" ?

The link for the old one is gone off of the thread, anyway. Dissipated after Android Forums update.

It's unfortunate that adb sideload doesn't work with this version. If it did, I could format data/sysem/cache as f2fs and push a modified f2fs carbon rom on to the device. Oh well :(

Edit: I could just do a mixed f2fs partition that doesn't wipe /system. I'll look in to this.

What the different between this and that? http://androidforums.com/threads/metropcs-recovery-twrp-lokied-new-apk-version-08-27-14.861281/

I'm stick on the other one that I link. Shame no 2.8.7.0 update with some fixes.
The difference with TWRP 2.8.x is that is supports the F2FS file system when partitioning, along with theme support. It doesn't have support for partition sd card, but you can just use any normal sd card partitioning app off the play store or on windows. The version of TWRP for this phone that supports sd partitioning doesn't properly align the partition.

Back
Top Bottom