• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Problem staying connected to network

DealerMan

Well-Known Member
I've got a new problem with my wife's F6. It seems the phone will lose its ability to stay connected to the network overnight. The only solution is to shutdown / remove / replace the battery. My F6 doesn't have this problem, both are rooted/stock and running the' I ' firmware. Anyone else have this problem?
 
No, didn't do a forced update. But for what it's worth, her phone came with the 'I' firmware already installed. I'm in Northwest Louisiana.
 
I am having kinda the same problem my phone works fine but my wifes says sim not allowed about 3 days after activation called metro 4 times with no answer
 
I am having kinda the same problem my phone works fine but my wifes says sim not allowed about 3 days after activation called metro 4 times with no answer


If you have Facebook go to their page and private message them with a succinct synopsis of the problem. Include your last name and last 4 of the phone number concerned.


Bruce in Ocala, Fl
 
Excellent, something useful about my wife having a Facebook account. Thanks Bruce, we'll give it a shot.
 
No, didn't do a forced update. But for what it's worth, her phone came with the 'I' firmware already installed. I'm in Northwest Louisiana.

Well@@@ DealerMan. Go to dial n put *#*#4636#*#* scroll down n turn radio off then on after that scroll down to it says refresh...hit... N hit update...

@@@ Reloaded 231 turn phone off unmount the sim. Put it in an turn phone back on .n see what happens!
 
That was one of the fist things that i tried along with just about everything that phone has now been reset more times then a bad nintendo game



ok so got the prob. fixed with a new sim chip and everything has cleared up i did how ever get the message on another phone after using lg backup but it fixed its self after a reboot
 
Turns out it wasn't that simple. A few days later, it happened again. After letting a couple of people read their script with online MPCS chat, I went to a local store and swapped out the SIM card. Problem has been solved (and when Mom is happy...).
 
Right now mine is doing the same thing but with a T-mobile SIM inside. I should have gotten another SIM while they were free.

Does anyone know if I could get a new SIM at a T-mobile store?
 
Back
Top Bottom