• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] a stock custom rom being made

I didn't know about that either, but if you say that I can use it if I link that thread then I'll do it. Sorry, I didn't know xlcusive36 used that from your rom.

I do not want my kernel included in any roms. I don't know how else to say it, it's in red font in my kernel post. You do not need my Freedom kernel for your rom to work.

I'm downloading xcusive's rom to check it.

I know that and I'm sorry about accidently using it, but I didn't actually take it. If I can use it by linking to your thread then I'm perfectly okay with it. If not then I'll see if I can extract the .lok from elsewhere.

I know that and I'm sorry about accidently using it, but I didn't actually take it. If I can use it by linking to your thread then I'm perfectly okay with it. If not then I'll see if I can extract the .lok from elsewhere.

Again, Do not use Freedom Kernel!!!

You can use my base kernel in my SlimLite rom. The file is called "GT.lok".

Thank you, I'll use GT.lok from SlimLite. I'll give credit and link and everything. Sorry for unknowingly stealing your work.

If it's not too much trouble to you can you say what other files need to be removed? I know the three files in META-INF need to be removed, but I'm not sure if there are any other files in /system that are stolen from freedom.

I pulled every thing from the kdz file and the old zip system img and zip of the other partitions i was given back in june

If it's not too much trouble to you can you say what other files need to be removed? I know the three files in META-INF need to be removed, but I'm not sure if there are any other files in /system that are stolen from freedom.

Just keep everything in META-INF so that your rom can install. I'm just concerned about Freedom kernel. As for other files from my xperion rom, for now just seems like apps. You can leaves those unless you want to make your rom unique.

Thank you. I'll make sure this never happens again. This is the first custom rom I've ever made so I wanted to use a base for it, which was the stock rom and nothing else. I just wanted something to impress the people, but I didn't think this would happen.

I pulled every thing from the kdz file and the old zip system img and zip of the other partitions i was given back in june

Then why is Freedom Kernel in your rom? I just downloaded it and confirmed that it is. Please remove it. Not cool dude. If you like you can replace it with my base kernel from Slimlite rom.

I didn't put it there. Look at xlcusive's stock rom, it has all the files I used. I didn't put freedom in there ever, I swear. It has boot.lok and everything. I didn't even know that was freedom. Download his rom and see it for yourself.

I didn't put it there. Look at xlcusive's stock rom, it has all the files I used. I didn't put freedom in there ever, I swear. It has boot.lok and everything. I didn't even know that was freedom. Download his rom and see it for yourself.

Dude I just said in my last post addressed to xclusive that I downloaded his rom and confirmed that freedom is in there.

Oh I am so sorry. I thought you were saying that to me. I'll still remove it from my rom though. I feel so stupid for misreading that. Just sorry...

Ok, I just wanted to clear up that I did not steal from you, that's all. Kernel has been replaced, I'll go back to making the rom now.

Then why is Freedom Kernel in your rom? I just downloaded it and confirmed that it is. Please remove it. Not cool dude. If you like you can replace it with my base kernel from Slimlite rom.

It must of gotten thrown in there when testing. Give me a day to reupload. I thought it was just stock

I think I'm just going to give up this rom. After what happened yesterday and how this rom doesn't even have anything good about it worth downloading I don't think I should work on it anymore. Sure make fun of me, yell at me, do whatever you want, I don't care anymore. I removed all traces of it on this thread so it should all be clear now. I thought I could make a difference for this phone, guess I was wrong.

Dont quit. Its a learning experience. You should theme it a little bit and include the apps you want. Who cares if anyone else uses it. Make it cool for you

I don't know that incident from yesterday really got me depressed as I got blamed for stealing freedom kernel which I never did. I didn't put much into the rom. I just don't think I'm cut out to be a developer.

Can someone tell me exactly what the .lok even is? I never even knew what that was in the first place as I just got the stock rom and started doing stuff to it. GameTheory said that it was the kernel but I still don't get it. I don't really know where the kernel is in the rom zip either.

Back
Top Bottom