• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] New Full v10J ROM Flashable *Updated 9/26/2015*

Quick question : will this erase my data?
New Update

Changes:
  • Full update to v10J no matter what firmware version you're on
  • Rom comes rooted so you don't need to root or re-install twrp
  • Zip auto wipes cache and dalvik so you don't need to wipe anything
  • Just flash the zip and you're done
You can flash this over my old v10i as well.

;)

Upvote 0
New Update

Changes:
You can flash this over my old v10i as well.

;)

Also this will not wipe your data.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update! Funny thing though, after updating my Knock On feature doesn't work anymore. I also can't pull down for notifications while the screen is off. It also won't knock off from the stock launcher. Is there a setting I missed or did something wrong?

Strange, it's all working fine for me. You can try reflashing it and wiping data.

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Strange, it's all working fine for me. You can try reflashing it and wiping data.
I'm gonna do that now. I'm also gonna re-download the zip in case it was a bad download of some sort.

Add: It worked! I wiped all but External SD and the USB one (don't know what that is) so pretty much a factory reset. Used a new/fresh download of the update and now Knock On works. Thanks!

On a side note... I forgot my original backup was on Internal and wiped it as well... OOPS! But not to fear. Nothing crashed and all is well. I still have your v10j update and that would've saved me from anything major. Now I am making a new fresh backup. Now... onward!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
4260723.png

For Metro PCS MS631 & T-Mobile H631 LG G Stylo only.

Here's a flashable zip I made for updating to the new v10J firmware update released by LG on September 21, 2015. This is a full update including the new kernel and modem. This update patches the stagefright vulnerability in android.
Downloads & Instructions:
http://androidcreations.weebly.com/flashable-update-zip.html

Like my work? Click the like button. Thanks ;)

Change Log in post #2

I am sorry for the rookie question but why do I want to root my phone? I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of what I can do as far as the phone goes. I am in extreme beginner and all of these instructions sound intimidating to me.

Upvote 0
I am sorry for the rookie question but why do I want to root my phone? I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of what I can do as far as the phone goes. I am in extreme beginner and all of these instructions sound intimidating to me.
Ad blocking is tops on my list.
I'll let others chime-in with their reasons.
EDIT:App disabling/freezing is a close 2nd.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

1- You can de-bloat your device and just run system/carrier/google apps you want from boot.

2- Modified your device to make it better.

3- Using Xposed you can make Changes to the Framework/LG UI to make it look awesome and have just what you want on your screen.

4- You can get system fixes by users from here or XDA that OEM doesn't provide to us.

5- You can create a Full Device Backup System using TWRP (in this case the Tmo/Metro Variant) in case things go wrong with your device and you can just restore that backup to early state.

6- You can apply Ad-block for NO MORE annoying Ads (Apps,Webpages) which is only available via root

7- if you use Wifi Tether/Hotspot having Root is the only way to get UNLIMITED Tether/Hotspot. (e.g. Wifi Tether Router, Hotspot Hack, PDnet and so on, in this case i use Wifi Tether Router)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mmmmm i know there is a bunch more but mostly is cuz you can Improve your device to a 1,000%

Upvote 0
Hey G.T .... I'm a noob to this and i have the metro pcs stylo ... I flashed the correct update file (that work's lovely by the way) but now my phone wont go into twrp recovery .... Phone is rooted but no recovery can u help me please?

If you flashed my v10J zip then you still have recovery. To boot into recovery you have to go to developer options in your settings and "Enable OEM Unlock". To get developer options to appear you need to go to "settings/about phone/software info" and tap on "build number" 7 times. Also make sure you have the v10J twrp recovery installed.

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
If you flashed my v10J zip then you still have recovery. To boot into recovery you have to go to developer options in your settings and "Enable OEM Unlock". To get developer options to appear you need to go to "settings/about phone/software info" and tap on "build number" 7 times. Also make sure you have the v10J twrp recovery installed.
Thanks a lot I really appreciate it..... That worked

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
is this an update of Katana ...? i have Katana and now idk what to do ... should i flash this update ? is it better ?

If it was a Katana update it would be in the Katana thread, not here. Read the first post. It says this is a flashable firmware update to v10J released by LG on September 21. You already have 10J installed.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones