• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] New Full v10J ROM Flashable *Updated 9/26/2015*

I tried to update and I'm stuck in a bootloop I can't find my backup with twrp either it just stays at the metropcs logo and reboots
Get back into recovery... Wipe cache and dalvik flash the zip n the root againg then wipe cache n dalvik again that should work...

I noticed that the file size for the .zip of the ROM is 1.05gb but on the download page it says the file is 1.1gb I thought of trying the T-Mobile version which is 1.11gb and I'm downloading it now . . . why the file size dif?

Re download the file..check MD5 make sure is correct and do the process again,

PS. Were you in Full v10i? Before flashing this? and i don't meant the update v10i zip from @GameTheory

PSS if that really doesnt work just to full KDZ restore using v10j or v10i - re root flash recovery and restore Data only if you still have the backup

PS. Were you in Full v10i? Before flashing this? and i don't meant the update v10i zip from @GameTheory

PSS if that really doesnt work just to full KDZ restore using v10j or v10i - re root flash recovery and restore Data only if you still have the backup
Well I don't have a backup and had used the @GameTheory update for v10i I re downloaded and tried to flash 4 times now and I get the same result also I don't have a PC idk how this happened I followed all the steps b4 this happened I was on v10i update

Also when I try to flash the ROM it says no md5

I have no backup

Well I don't have a backup and had used the @GameTheory update for v10i I re downloaded and tried to flash 4 times now and I get the same result also I don't have a PC idk how this happened I followed all the steps b4 this happened I was on v10i update

Thats why you are getting bootloops...
Only solution for you is KDZ (easy way) v10i or v10j and reroot and reflash twrp

I also don't understand how this happened previously when the update came out for v10i I followed the exact same steps and it worked for me. Idk why I'm having this problem with the v10j update
All i can say its to start from beginning... Size of zip most b @ 1.5 for mpcs and 1.11 for tmo.
If they're not that means they are broken... If you made a backup it most be on externa_SD if its not ther look in the internal twrp folder
Now you can wipe cache n dalvik install V10j.zip install root.zip wipe cache n dalvik again n reboot.

Krlypumaa said:
All i can say its to start from beginning... Size of zip most b @ 1.5 for mpcs and 1.11 for tmo.
If they're not that means they are broken... If you made a backup it most be on externa_SD if its not ther look in the internal twrp folder
Now you can wipe cache n dalvik install V10j.zip install root.zip wipe cache n dalvik again n reboot.
I have no backup. I dont and I followed that process more than once. It just reboots after

If you were in the 10i before by a zip that GT posted with old modem n kernel. You gonna hav2 flash that back n the root to go back ... Then try to do the KDZ firmware upgrade to new modem n kern tru pc then do the 10j ... This its a long run...

And im not sure if by doing a factory reset then the 10j with root will work... Cus i think you will lose twrp. GT would have to correct us on that.

I tried to update and I'm stuck in a bootloop I can't find my backup with twrp either it just stays at the metropcs logo and reboots
I'm in the same boat,exactly.
Tried wipes/two different backups will not boot properly,stays in a brickloop w/the LG Splashscreen.
D/L the update twice,same size,1.1GB on MetroPCS,double-checked to ensure it was for my phone.
For whatever reason,my PC/Phone don't act together properly,cannot use GT's flashtool,doesn't work on my PC.
Gonna try the PC's at work this weekend.
The link for the 10.i update.zip (MetroPCS) is gone,anybody here have it?
I'm OK until I get this resolved,I have a couple other devices,just wanna get this one back up sometime in the future.
THX!

And im not sure if by doing a factory reset then the 10j with root will work... Cus i think you will lose twrp. GT would have to correct us on that.
This is bad. Im not the only one with this issue. @GameTheory should of put a warning that u needed a pc to flash the kdz file for the new modem & kernel. It seems the v10j flashable.zip isn't for people who used his previous v10i flashable.zip nor do i have a copy of the v10i flashable.zip. does anyone else have a copy of v10i flashable.zip that they can share?

This is bad. Im not the only one with this issue. @GameTheory should of put a warning that u needed a pc to flash the kdz file for the new modem & kernel. It seems the v10j flashable.zip isn't for people who used his previous v10i flashable.zip nor do i have a copy of the v10i flashable.zip. does anyone else have a copy of v10i flashable.zip that they can share?
Honestly , this is my bosses phone i have been updating her lg stylo since @GameTheory's first flashable.zip update now she cannot use her phone and this is a problem . .

Honestly , this is my bosses phone i have been updating her lg stylo since @GameTheory's first flashable.zip update now she cannot use her phone and this is a problem . .
Even though it may be true. About notice its always good to ask n never assume... Its always necessary to read through threats n ask questions... Now let get this right n we're going to work as fast as possible to help you guys get back on track.

Couple things to note...

1. Do not flash the v10j kdz because we do not know if it patches root or locks the bootloader. Chances are that it doesn't, but do you really want to be the guy to find out?

2. File size does not matter. Android File Host(AFH) will always have a different size than your android file manager because AFH rounds off. The way you check zip integrity is by matching the md5 with the one listed on AFH. On linux you run this command (md5sum NameOfFile.zip), don't know about windows or anything else.

Anyways, Myself and other folks flashed the v10J zip I posted and worked fine so I don't have any input on your issue aside from what the good folks here already said.

One last point to make @Deez Robotnik, If you remember from the other thread I told you the only way to update at the time to v10i was with the kdz. I only posted flashable zips cause you kept on about not having a PC. When I suggested you ask a friend or family member to use their PC to flash the kdz, you said I was rude for doing so. Well I still suggest that.

v10i zips are here:
Metro pcs
T-mobile

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom