• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] New Full v10J ROM Flashable *Updated 9/26/2015*

I installed the update from this thread on my Metro Stylo the first few days it ran fine then all of a sudden phone started to become real sluggish and would just restart randomly, anyone else having this issue, i did not install any new apps after i installed the update, i was forced to restore the backup i had made and it runs perfectly again, im kinda stumped why this is happening any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, have a great evening folks!

Luis
When u did the update did you wiped dalvik n cache on Twrp?

GameTheory... I have a metro Stylo - can I put the t-mobile stylo software on it... I no longer use MetroPcs and have unlocked it but the Metropcs bloatware gets on my nerves... but I am on 5.1.1 OTA no root - is there any possibility of doing this?

GameTheory... I have a metro Stylo - can I put the t-mobile stylo software on it... I no longer use MetroPcs and have unlocked it but the Metropcs bloatware gets on my nerves... but I am on 5.1.1 OTA no root - is there any possibility of doing this?
Edit: Since your on 5.1.1 ota your bootloader is already locked. There's no way around it. Flashing the kdz for T-Mobile will brick your device.

Last edited:
what if i update my phone to 5.1.1 using LG support tool from pc? bootloader still locked?
That tool flashes the kdz which includes the locked bootloader , but apparently according to users of LG Leon the bootloader can be OEM unlocked again in the developer settings . The only issue is without a root method for 5.1.1 you can't flash a custom recovery.

just to clarify its been awhile since i rooted a device. in order to root my metro pcs lg g stylo with 5.1.1 i have to go back to 5.0.2 in order to root it..

just to clarify its been awhile since i rooted a device. in order to root my metro pcs lg g stylo with 5.1.1 i have to go back to 5.0.2 in order to root it..

No you can't go back. If you already took the 5.1.1 ota update or your phone came with it when you bought it you will not be able to root for now.

This is only for folks that are rooted on android 5.0.2. After they flash this they would be on a rooted 5.1.1.

Will that work on my version ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-18-21-53-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-18-21-53-32.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 117
Alright guys I posted a flashable zip for the new t-mobile V10i update just released. (probably to patch stagefright)

It's the same link and instructions found in the first post. If you have the latest twrp recovery already installed you can skip step #2 of the instructions.

I was "not" able to test this since I have the metro pcs stylo. So someone will have to test and confirm for t-mobile.

Metro pcs users will have to wait till the kdz is released so I can post a flashable zip for us.

Edit:
DrakenFX tested it and reported a bootloop so I removed it till I get it sorted.

Last edited:
Alright guys I posted a flashable zip for the new t-mobile V10i update just released. (probably to patch stagefright)

It's the same link and instructions found in the first post. If you have the latest twrp recovery already installed you can skip step #2 of the instructions.

I was "not" able to test this since I have the metro pcs stylo. So someone will have to test and confirm for t-mobile.

Metro pcs users will have to wait till the kdz is released so I can post a flashable zip for us.

Edit:
DrakenFX tested it and reported a bootloop so I removed it till I get it sorted.

maybe they put out a patch to block you from side loading their patches lol. They're on to you GT.

V10i Update

Ok guys the new flashable V10i update for both Metro PCS and T-Mobile are ready. Same links and directions from the first post. They both have been tested and confirmed to work.

Don't forget, if you have twrp already installed you can skip step #2.

V10i Update

Ok guys the new flashable V10i update for both Metro PCS and T-Mobile are ready. Same links and directions from the first post. They both have been tested and confirmed to work.

Don't forget, if you have twrp already installed you can skip step #2.
if we are already rooted and with supersu installed. once i flash the update do i need to flash supersu again

Back
Top Bottom