• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] New Full v10J ROM Flashable *Updated 9/26/2015*

Mesa4teensKevin said: ↑
That sucks oh well guess i have to wait ;o thx anyways
--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the same boat. No update here yet.
I'm curious of both your reasons...the custom rom part is understandable. But root is short n sweet.
I'm guessing warranty?
Now, on Samsung I'm following your lead- otherwise won't be able to use Samsung Pay.

hey GT, ValydFXctz used the back up i put up. the 5.0.2 one. Hes not getting data. He said he updated to 5.1.1 using your zip file. but still no data. any suggestions?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can restore someone else's backup on this phone.

UOTE="GameTheory, post: 7016039, member: 1048124"]I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can restore someone else's backup on this phone.[/QUOTE]

Well I mean there are alleged services online that offer a fix for a fee..

Anything that makes it easy to boot to recovery :P

I use an app and when i have the phone plug to my laptop i use adb :D
Thanks for hour respond ... Im using GT's app im good with that cus im familiarize with his wrk. I have a q? Though im trying to use FauxClock but its asking me for busybox" which vers should I use?

I'm curious of both your reasons...the custom rom part is understandable. But root is short n sweet.
I'm guessing warranty?
Now, on Samsung I'm following your lead- otherwise won't be able to use Samsung Pay.

I have no reason to root. I can see why someone would want to root: 1. A sense of more control, 2. Unsanctioned use of a hotspot, 3. Editing files to customize the features / appearance of your phone (manual camera mode, boot animations, DPI, themes, modification of your notification shade - Xposed), and 4. Custom ROMs.

In the past, I've had reasons to root. For example, there was a time when Android didn't have the ability to take screenshots natively. You had to root for that, so I did. I cannot get by without having the ability to take screenshots. Now Android has the ability to take screenshots without root.

Also, When something goes wrong, I'm the guy who stands in the crowd with a pitchfork, demanding that the developers stop whatever they're doing to help me. It has just not be a great experience for me historically.

I have no reason to root. I can see why someone would want to root: 1. A sense of more control, 2. Unsanctioned use of a hotspot, 3. Editing files to customize the features / appearance of your phone (manual camera mode, boot animations, DPI, themes, modification of your notification shade - Xposed), and 4. Custom ROMs.

In the past, I've had reasons to root. For example, there was a time when Android didn't have the ability to take screenshots natively. You had to root for that, so I did. I cannot get by without having the ability to take screenshots. Now Android has the ability to take screenshots without root.

Also, When something goes wrong, I'm the guy who stands in the crowd with a pitchfork, demanding that the developers stop whatever they're doing to help me. It has just not be a great experience for me historically.
ROTFLMAO @ #2...tell it like it is!
Xposed I liken to add-ons for chrome, getting carried away with too many leads to problems.

Quick question how do you access the recovery on the LG stylo im downloading the new update and when done will follow your directions exactly as you posted them, just had already rooted like 2 weekjs ago and installed twrp just no clue how i bott into recovery! thanks in advance!

Quick question how do you access the recovery on the LG stylo im downloading the new update and when done will follow your directions exactly as you posted them, just had already rooted like 2 weekjs ago and installed twrp just no clue how i bott into recovery! thanks in advance!

We have the same button combo as the LG G3... Power off the phone then hold "power + volume down". When LG logo appears let go buttons and then immediately press and hold both again. You'll get a screen asking to factory reset, just say yes and it will boot into twrp recovery as long as you have it installed.

A quicker and easier way is to install my reboot utility app from the play store and click the recovery button...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gt.reboot.utility

one last question its off topic, You dont know of a site that sells the quick circle case for the LG G stylo do ya? i have searched high and low to no avail! LOL have a happy 4th! god bless..

Louie

So the update does not come automatically like it was suppose to? Is MetroPCS still doing this crap where they don't update their phones and leave us with outdated BS?

the update came automatically to my metro stylo but i didnt accept it because i didnt want the bootloader to get locked which is what everyone is saying will happen if you accept the ota update.

i rooted the 5.02 software and then followed gametheorys instructions to update to a fully rooted 5.1.1 with no nasty locked bootloader

the update came automatically to my metro stylo but i didnt accept it because i didnt want the bootloader to get locked which is what everyone is saying will happen if you accept the ota update.

i rooted the 5.02 software and then followed gametheorys instructions to update to a fully rooted 5.1.1 with no nasty locked bootloader
Why wouldn't google want you to use the bootloader?

Back
Top Bottom