• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] {Script}[MS659] Automated Bloatware Removal v1.2

yknujssab

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2012
BakersHELL, CA
First off I have to give credit where credit is due.
Sepero for his bloatware removal on the LG Motion, which I had used back then. It gave me the idea for this. Also for his step by step.
Android Addict for helping me put this thing (script) together.

Now what we have here is a way to remove most of the bloatware that is killing us in vital internal space.

v1.1
I inadvertently removed the messaging app on the first script, so I removed it from the list. Here they are. Copy to system/app with root explorer and set permissions
I also added a few other apps to the list

v1.2
Fixed the flashing home button

All Stock Apps here

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*WARNING*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
As always the disclaimer. I am not responsible for any damages to your phone or your relationship with your significant other. You are using this on your own free will and you are claiming full responsibility for your actions.

So here we go

Step By Step:

Download the script ???? to your phone.
Download Script Manager from the google play store.
Start Script Manager.
When Script Manager asks for Root Permissions, grant permission.
Go to the remove_bloat.sh file and tap on it to see a menu.
Select the top icon labeled "Su"
Press the button on the top-left that says "Run".

The script will run, and immediately reboot your phone. Once your phone turns back on, all the unnecessary pre-installed apps will have been deleted.

Here is what is being deleted and from where...

/system/app/
Books.apk
Books.odex
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.odex
ChromeWithBrowser.apk
ChromeWithBrowser.odex
ECID-release.apk
ECID-release.odex
Gallerybin.apk
Gallerybin.odex
Gmail.apk
Gmail.odex
GMS_Maps.apk
GMS_Maps.odex
GoogleDrive.apk
GoogleDrive.odex
GoogleTTS.apk
GoogleTTS.odex
Hangouts.apk
Hangouts.odex
LGBackupbin.apk
LGBackupbin.odex
LGEmailbin.apk
LGEmailbin.odex
LGOnScreenPhone3_JB.apk
LGOnScreenPhone3_JB.odex
Magazines.apk
Magazines.odex
Memobin.apk
Memobin.odex
MemoWidgetbin.apk
MemoWidgetbin.odex
MetroAppStore.1.8.1.apk
MetroAppStore.1.8.1.odex
MobilePosse_MetroPCS-release.apk
MobilePosse_MetroPCS-release.odex
Music2.apk
Music2.odex
MyMetro.apk
MyMetro.odex
PhotoAlbumWidgetbin.apk
PhotoAlbumWidgetbin.odex
PlayGames.apk
PlayGames.odex
PlusOne.apk
PlusOne.odex
QMemobin.apk
QMemobin.odex
Rhapsody.apk
Rhapsody.odex
StreamingPlayerbin.apk
StreamingPlayerbin.odex
Street.apk
Street.odex
Tasksbin.apk
Tasksbin.odex
UniMessagebin.apk
UniMessagebin.odex

Velvet.apk
Velvet.odex
VidClipbin.apk
VidClipbin.odex
Videos.apk
Videos.odex
Videosbin.apk
Videosbin.odex
VuTalkbin.apk
VuTalkbin.odex
VVM-release-MPCS.apk
VVM-release-MPCS.odex
WeatherMultiCPbin.apk
WeatherMultiCPbin.odex

/system/apps/bootup/
Dictionarybin.apk
FileManagerbin.apk
FileSharebin.apk
LW_Featherbin.apk
TaskManagerbin.apk
VideoWiz3.apk
WorldClockWidgetbin.apk

/data/app/
com.forshared-1.apk
com.mobileposse.client-1.apk
Dictionarybin.apk
FileManagerbin.apk
FileSharebin.apk
LW_Featherbin.apk
VideoWiz3.apk
WorldClockWidgetbin.apk

If there is anything else anyone can think of let me know.

UPDATES

v1.1
change log
AAT.apk
AAT.odex
ApplicationManagerbin.apk
ApplicationManagerbin.odex
LGDefaultAccount.apk
LGDefaultAccount.odex
LGDrm.apk
LGInstallService.apk
LGInstallService.odex
LGSetupWizard_JB.apk
LGSetupWizard_JB.odex
LGSetupWizardAPP.apk
LGSetupWizardAPP.odex
LGSystemServer.apk
LGSystemServer.odex

SetupWizard.apk
SetupWizard.odex
SmartShare.apk
SmartShare.odex
SmartShareProvider.apk
SmartShareProvider.odex

removed from list
(messaging app)(uploaded here for those that removed it, sorry)
UniMessagebin.apk
UniMessagebin.odex

v1.2
removed from list
LGSystemServer.apk
LGSystemServer.odex
(caused flashing home button)

removed.
I don't mess with the phone any more and people don't read the list sooo.....

This script is deleting way too much stuff. Why would you delete the LG email app? deleted ECID causes problems with group messaging, why would you delete the GMAIL app? Do you not like receiving push email from google? There are other apps too that shouldnt be deleted. You shouldnt be creating posts and modifying other peoples scripts if you are just an amateur who doesnt know what hes doing, because now you are causing problems for people.

You included a link to the stock apps but those APKs wont work on the latest C update.

Upvote 0
This script is deleting way too much stuff. Why would you delete the LG email app? deleted ECID causes problems with group messaging, why would you delete the GMAIL app? Do you not like receiving push email from google? There are other apps too that shouldnt be deleted. You shouldnt be creating posts and modifying other peoples scripts if you are just an amateur who doesnt know what hes doing, because now you are causing problems for people.

You included a link to the stock apps but those APKs wont work on the latest C update.

For many Bloatware Removal scripts they delete stock email apps and Gmail, and if the things removed had caused a problem simply just say it did instead of calling someone an amateur for simply trying to create a useful script and free up space. There is also updated versions pointing out that this is being updated if problems are found, nobody said it was perfect.

Upvote 0
For many Bloatware Removal scripts they delete stock email apps and Gmail, and if the things removed had caused a problem simply just say it did instead of calling someone an amateur for simply trying to create a useful script and free up space. There is also updated versions pointing out that this is being updated if problems are found, nobody said it was perfect.
Yes, thank you:D:D

Read the disclaimer...
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*WARNING*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
As always the disclaimer. I am not responsible for any damages to your phone or your relationship with your significant other. You are using this on your own free will and you are claiming full responsibility for your actions.

And how are the apk's not working if they are pulled from a stock C? And thanks for calling me an amateur, I really appreciate it considering I was trying to help people. Why don't you call the other people with threads that relate to bloatware removal? I tried their list and if I had problems, I simply added the apk back. So I guess I'm sorry....no not really
You are using this on your own free will and you are claiming full responsibility for your actions.

Upvote 0
I'm getting an error saying the file isn't found after it pulls it up from my download folder. Any ideas why this is happening and how to handle this?

Maybe your browser. I always use chrome on my computer.

Does this work for both MetroPC and T-Mobile?

I'm not sure. i doubt it.

By the way, make sure to read what is removed. If you think something shouldn't let me know and I'll update the script.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones