• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Updated QuickRemote

jokerpks

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2013
New York
As we all know the quick remote on our phone only supports 10 TV brands. I found a flashable zip with an updated version of the app from LG G2 allthough I cannot get it to work. I am pretty sure the AC remote, etc won't work but if we can somehow merge the two apps or possibly import the codes from the the G2 app we can add more TV brands to quickremote. Here is the app if someone could get it to work. And no 3rd party remote apps will work because LG locked down access to ir blaster.

Listing of accessories

As we all know the quick remote on our phone only supports 15 TV brands. I found a flashable zip with an updated version of the app from LG G2 allthough I cannot get it to work. I am pretty sure the AC remote, etc won't work but if we can somehow merge the two apps or possibly import the codes from the the G2 app we can add more TV brands to quickremote. Here is the app if someone could get it to work. And no 3rd party remote apps will work because LG locked down access to ir blaster.

Listing of accessories

I notice that too, my G2 has like every brand and LG only a few

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones