• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MH5 Software Update?

Ok I'm running the mh5 (thanks Kouma) and restored root. About to try to get the cwm back now

OK I know some people are having trouble getting the recovery back. Here is a simple solution.

Step1: Reboot into download mode
Step2: Flash recovery
Step3: DURING REBOOT HOLD THE KEYS THAT BOOT TO RECOVERY (Should never boot to phone but to recovery)
Step4: Choose reboot system
Step5: When prompted that the phone may try to isntall stock recovery on boot say yes to fixing it.
Step6: Enjoy

So whats the final word on this thing? Any way to Make it go away, or update with out being a pain? I had it gone for a while and then it suddenly popped up again.
Ben

Ok I'm running the mh5 (thanks Kouma) and restored root. About to try to get the cwm back now

Are you still on the deodexed rom? Or did you flash to stock or something? I'm getting really tired of notifications every five minutes to update, so I should just figure out how to update, lol.

Are you still on the deodexed rom? Or did you flash to stock or something? I'm getting really tired of notifications every five minutes to update, so I should just figure out how to update, lol.

as far as notifications every 5 mins just say yes to installing it, then it will reboot and fail and then no notifications for a while... I am actually back on rb3mod v2 right now and I get notifications about it a lot. every time they pop up i just let the install fail and I am good to go

Im looking into a way to remove that update prompt. I think moving the otacerts and wiping cache/fota will stop it from checking samsung servers for the mh5 update (take away its keys to open its car door to get the coffee it left)

After reinstalling my ROM with the one one that rbheromax posted, kernel also, I stopped getting the prompts. BUT.. I went and ran the updates checker from the phoone, you know update prl etc. Seems like that prompted the MH5 prompts to begin again. Even though the rom has the 'dirty' on it. I ran the MH5 updater zip but it doesn't seem to have worked. And, yup, the prompts continue. I'll try flasing the zip again before I try to do their update.
Let you know what happens.
Ben

Back
Top Bottom