• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Microsoft silver light for android or something similar?

otter

I want to listen to a radio show and the website asks me to download Microsoft silver light. I check the market and I see it's available for five dollars however I just want to listen to this one radio show today and don't want to pay five dollars. Is there a free app available?

I want to listen to a radio show and the website asks me to download Microsoft silver light. I check the market and I see it's available for five dollars however I just want to listen to this one radio show today and don't want to pay five dollars. Is there a free app available?

Link please? All I am able to find are ebooks about Silverlight.

I think you are out of luck. Silver light is a Microsoft browser plug in sort of like flash... but there is no support I know of on android. Looks like you'll need to listen in via PC.

Silverlight doesn't even support Linux. I think we are out of luck, especially after the whole thing with Flash Player.

Link me to the first and only website on the internet using Silverlight... bloody hell, wasn't aware anyone took it seriously at all.

Link me to the first and only website on the internet using Silverlight... bloody hell, wasn't aware anyone took it seriously at all.

Pretty sure Netflix uses Silverlight for desktop streaming.

To the OP, if that radio show only supports Silverlight and nothing else, you probably won't be able to listen to it on your phone. There was an open source product called "Moonlight" that implemented Silverlight on Linux, but I don't believe it ever made it to android.

I doubt you can buy a Silverlight player for $5, but if so, post it up.

Originally Posted by Kookas<br />
<br />
<br />
Pretty sure Netflix uses Silverlight for desktop streaming.<br />
<br />
To the OP, if that radio show only supports Silverlight and nothing else, you probably won't be able to listen to it on your phone. There was an open source product called "Moonlight" that implemented Silverlight on Linux, but I don't believe it ever made it to android.<br />
<br />
I doubt you can buy a Silverlight player for $5, but if so, post it up.
This is what I found
e8agapa8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom