• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mikg 2.55 battery life problems

I have the Mikg 2.55 rom
golden monkey 1.1
v6 super charger running balance 3
set cpu 614400 max 24500 min conservative scaling for screen on. screen off 422 max 128 min conservative.
ebay 3400 battery
partitioned sd card

the problem i have is, ever since the 2.53 update, my battery life has been crap. i left my apartment around 10am. its is 3:34 my time and i'm already down to 20%. had about 15 calls, played some hanging with friends, word feud, fruit ninja (just to kill the battery so i can charge it).

from the 2.53 rom i did do a full wipe. calibrated the battery. battery life was crap. i figured the 2.55 update would solve that problem. but i thought wrong. is anybody having the same problem or a solution? i really like this rom, but i just might have to move over to a new rom.

I have the Mikg 2.55 rom
golden monkey 1.1
v6 super charger running balance 3
set cpu 614400 max 24500 min conservative scaling for screen on. screen off 422 max 128 min conservative.
ebay 3400 battery
partitioned sd card

the problem i have is, ever since the 2.53 update, my battery life has been crap. i left my apartment around 10am. its is 3:34 my time and i'm already down to 20%. had about 15 calls, played some hanging with friends, word feud, fruit ninja (just to kill the battery so i can charge it).

from the 2.53 rom i did do a full wipe. calibrated the battery. battery life was crap. i figured the 2.55 update would solve that problem. but i thought wrong. is anybody having the same problem or a solution? i really like this rom, but i just might have to move over to a new rom.

I agree with everyone else, try a different kernel. I would recommend trying lithid's .9 universal kernel and set the governor to InteractiveX. This way screen on/screen off profiles will not be needed;)

Upvote 0
i was trying to figure out what the interactive x is suppose to do. but thanks for shedding some light on that for me. i'll try that out.

as for my extended battery, it never did like going more than a day of use. both batteries. :( i dont know if i want to buy another extended battery since i can get a new phone in december. just trying to figure out what i want to get.

Upvote 0
i was trying to figure out what the interactive x is suppose to do. but thanks for shedding some light on that for me. i'll try that out.

as for my extended battery, it never did like going more than a day of use. both batteries. :( i dont know if i want to buy another extended battery since i can get a new phone in december. just trying to figure out what i want to get.

Since I started using the interactiveX governor about 2 months ago, I've been getting pretty decent battery life along with great performance with the phone. I set max at 1190, min at 245. I probably could get even better battery life lowering that max but I have a charger handy most of the time.

Remember, all these factors that work great for me may not work for you. It's trial and error till you find the phone's sweetspot;)

Upvote 0
i did have a sweet spot. mikg 2.3 with golden monkey. just never had the battery life i wanted from my extended battery :(

Have you done a battery recalibration? Sometimes, this can give you a better indication of the battery life. It takes some time but it's worth it!

Plug phone into charger

Charge the phone to 100%
Boot to recovery
Wipe cache and Dalvik cache
Wipe battery stats
Reboot phone

Unplug phone from charger

Drain the phone completely until phone shuts off, 0%

Plug phone into charger

Do not unplug phone until it's completely charged, light turns green, 100%

Upvote 0
i downloaded the battery calibration app from the market. as soon as i got the batteries, i did what you wrote. it just never went any where. just draining the battery now since i can full charge it when i'm sleeping

Sounds like you're frustrated with the situation. I would try something new and see if you have the same big battery loss with a new rom and kernel. maybe just getting a fresh start is the way to go to.

@ Andy,
If the kernels don't work, think we should try messing with the pri?
Guess that should be a last resort.

Good point. Changing the PRI to the 1.77 PRI solved many battery issues with earlier roms and current roms.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
Good point. Changing the PRI to the 1.77 PRI solved many battery issues with earlier roms and current roms.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I am a first time flasher. ;)

I flashed the 2.56 and also noticed that my battery runs out quickly. Usually within 6 hours. It is even the exteded battery. Used to last a day and a half rooted stock froyo.

I left the kernel stock do not know if I need to change it also.

BUT what is the PRI? And how do I change it? I read it fast and thought it said PRL so I up dated that.

Lastly I noticed that if I leave 4G on it seems to last longer.

Thanks for any help

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I've never heard anyone say when 4G was left on the battery lasted LONGER.

Downgrading the pri has been known to solve some battery drain issues in the past, with certain phones. Some need the pri downgraded, some don't.
I suggest trying different kernels first. Flashing pri and nv files are along the same lines as radios and can seriously bork your piece if you're not patient and pull the battery.

Try out a few kernels out first. then after a few days of experimenting the battery still sucks a$$, we'll move on.

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
"Hmmm, I've never heard anyone say when 4G was left on the battery lasted LONGER."

I would think this would only be if you had a good 4g signal .all the time.

Even with that said you still have yet another radio active, draining battery. Seems crazy, but I'm able to buy guns whenever I want.....now thats exceptionally crazy! :eek:

Upvote 0
Even with that said you still have yet another radio active, draining battery. Seems crazy, but I'm able to buy guns whenever I want.....now thats exceptionally crazy! :eek:

LOL when I have 4g i think it turnd the 3g radio off because when i loose 4g and on internet ill get a no internet conection box untill the it switches to 3g. I could be wrong tho my x wife has told me so :D

Upvote 0
well so far with the freedom kernel i had it drop 4 points after i took off the charger and had 2 calls about a minute each. i took it off around the charger 9:30 and its almost 4:30 and my phone is at 73%. i saw it drop 3 points when i was playing 1 game of hanging with friends. i'll let it run for the next couple of days and see how it does. then i guess the next step is finding another kernel to run with.
*sigh* if i really have to find another rom... to many choices.

Upvote 0
well so far with the freedom kernel i had it drop 4 points after i took off the charger and had 2 calls about a minute each. i took it off around the charger 9:30 and its almost 4:30 and my phone is at 73%. i saw it drop 3 points when i was playing 1 game of hanging with friends. i'll let it run for the next couple of days and see how it does. then i guess the next step is finding another kernel to run with.
*sigh* if i really have to find another rom... to many choices.

In my opinion, this is the only issue I have with the battery mods showing 1% increments. We pay way too much attention to how fast or slow the battery drains:cool:

If you decide to try another rom, there are many great choices:)

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones