• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minimalistic Text Thread

D-U-R-X

turbo drinker
The idea of this thread (thanks ral) is to share tips, tricks and settings to do with minimalistic text.

I've had the app for a while myself and not been using it. I normally delete apps that I don't use, but haven't with this one... keep telling myself that I will spend a bit of time with it and work out how to get what I want out of it - perhaps now I will :)

Reactions: ral
a2sx75.png

Day-Date Minimalistic Text Widget (Top right of image)
Next Appoint Minimalistic Text Widget (Bottom left of image)

In order to use this widgets:

1. Install Minimalistic Text from the Google Play Store. The app is free, but there is a donate version. Buying this will support the app developer.

2. Download:

DayDate Minimalistic Text Widget (DayDate-ral.mtpref)
Next Appoint Minimalistic Text Widget (Appointment-ral.mtpref)

3. Unzip and copy the .mtpref files into /sdcard/MinimalisticTextPreferrence
4. Create a Minimalistic Text Widget on your desktop.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Restore. Confirm your action.

Notes:

DayDate - As seen in the image, DayDate was created using a 3x2 (Horizontal) widget. Other sizes will work too, but the scaling may be wrong.

Appointment - As seen in the image, Appointment was created using a 1x2 (Vertical) widget. I than resized manually widget on the home screen to center the text. Other sizes will work too, but the scaling may be wrong.

Screenshot_2012-10-11-17-37-24.png

this is mine using this file

much the same as rals but i prefer his layout. it must be the size of the widget. where hes used 3X2 horizontal, i think i started mine as 2X1 but cant be sure.

this is something i dont understand. what are the 3 and 2? rals done 3X2 but its over 2 lines, whereas i think mines 2X1 and it takes up 3 lines.

anyone explain how that works? also dont understand normal, accented and non-accented text. dont know what the difference is and why theyre called that.

EDIT: look at that battery too!! 83% at half 5 teatime!! :-D

Tried another alternative for a minimalist home screen.

27ysdfp.png

MonthDay Minimalistic Text Widget (Top right of image)
DayofWeek (Bottom left of image)

In order to use this widgets:

1. Install Minimalistic Text from the Google Play Store.
2. Download the zips below.
3. Unzip and copy the .mtpref files into /sdcard/MinimalisticTextPreferrence
4. Create a Minimalistic Text Widget on your desktop.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Restore. Confirm your action.

Notes:

MonthDay - As seen in the image, DayDate was created using a 2x1 (Horizontal) widget. Other sizes will work too, but the scaling will change.

DayofWeek - As seen in the image, Appointment was created using a 3x1 (Horizontall) widget. Other sizes will work too, but the scaling will change.

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom