• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MMS not working

Iddoom3

MMS not working in Jelly Bam ROM. I've scoured google, tried just about every flash, recovery specific flash i could find, MMS still not working. I've even dl'ed APN backup & restore from Play, backed up from PG's Plagued ROM (tested tried and perfect) and restored to eversleyd's JellyBam ROM and still no luck with MMS. Your help is greatly appreciated, Thank you kindly in advance :D

MMS not working in Jelly Bam ROM. I've scoured google, tried just about every flash, recovery specific flash i could find, MMS still not working. I've even dl'ed APN backup & restore from Play, backed up from PG's Plagued ROM (tested tried and perfect) and restored to eversleyd's JellyBam ROM and still no luck with MMS. Your help is greatly appreciated, Thank you kindly in advance :D

So does MMS work fine on other ROM's?

Flashed that rom yesterday now I can't send mms or receive through go SMS. but it works on the default messaging app.

Flashed that rom yesterday now I can't send mms or receive through go SMS. but it works on the default messaging app.

If normal messaging services work fine through the stock app but not on GOsms, then I would go through all of the settings on GOsms and make sure you have it set up correctly. The problem obviously lies within GOsms if your stock messaging app is working normal.

Make sure when you use GOsms that you dont uninstall the stock messaging app as GOsms will not work. GOsms works off of the stock messaging app. Also when using GOsms make sure you into the stock messaging app's settings and turn off automatically retrieve and turn off notifications so that you dont get notified from both apps. Also, if you have it set to delete your messages in the stock app and your using GOsms, it will still delete your messages as the phone uses the primary settings of the stock app.

Hey guys, really sorry... Got side tracked yesterday

My MMS doesn't work at all. Not with stock msg app, not with GoSMS. I re-installed PG's ROM (Plagued), LDrifta's 2.5 ROM and all MMS functions are fine. I could send pics or vids with no issues using either of those ROMs. The last ROM I tried, Plagued is where I tried the APN backup app, flashed Jelly Bam ( tried to use MMS prior to restore, not working) restored APN settings backed up from Plagued ROM, still not working. MMS does not work in this ROM for some reason... I'm all ears :)

P.S. All other functions phone, internet, 4g and regular sms work..

If normal messaging services work fine through the stock app but not on GOsms, then I would go through all of the settings on GOsms and make sure you have it set up correctly. The problem obviously lies within GOsms if your stock messaging app is working normal.

Make sure when you use GOsms that you dont uninstall the stock messaging app as GOsms will not work. GOsms works off of the stock messaging app. Also when using GOsms make sure you into the stock messaging app's settings and turn off automatically retrieve and turn off notifications so that you dont get notified from both apps. Also, if you have it set to delete your messages in the stock app and your using GOsms, it will still delete your messages as the phone uses the primary settings of the stock app.

I gotit I just uninstall then reinstall and it works :)

Hey guys, really sorry... Got side tracked yesterday

My MMS doesn't work at all. Not with stock msg app, not with GoSMS. I re-installed PG's ROM (Plagued), LDrifta's 2.5 ROM and all MMS functions are fine. I could send pics or vids with no issues using either of those ROMs. The last ROM I tried, Plagued is where I tried the APN backup app, flashed Jelly Bam ( tried to use MMS prior to restore, not working) restored APN settings backed up from Plagued ROM, still not working. MMS does not work in this ROM for some reason... I'm all ears :)

P.S. All other functions phone, internet, 4g and regular sms work..

Did you wipe your data? I only wiped cache and dalvik cache

I usually do data, cache & dalvik wipes prior to installing ROMs, when flashing only wipe cache & dalvik. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know :D

Edit: Flashing* fixes/updates

Also guys and gals in the jellybam rom thread it is said to just replace the mms.apk in the system/app folder with one from another rom. Worked fine for me

That's the part I don't get... How do you do pull that from another ROM to work in JellyBam?
Limited knowledge ovahere :confused:

No prob bob. Simply dl another rom. You can do this on your computer but what I did was put it on my phone, navigate to it using root explorer, click the rom zip, go to system then app and find the mms.apk, move it into the system-app folder on your phone., delete the one that's already there, reboot and your done. Hope that makes sense

Thank you soo much! I wasn't aware root explorer worked on uninstalled ROMs...
Then again coming from the greatness that is PG's & LD's ROMs I never had a reason to 'rape a ROM' before ;)

I learn something new everyday! Thanks again :D

Thank you soo much! I wasn't aware root explorer worked on uninstalled ROMs...
Then again coming from the greatness that is PG's & LD's ROMs I never had a reason to 'rape a ROM' before ;)

I learn something new everyday! Thanks again :D

I pick apart ROMs all the time and use various things from one into another.

Just download the ROM and open up the ROM with 7zip. Navigate to system/app and find the mms.apk. Extract to your desktop. Now open up the ROM you want to use and drag it over to system/apps. Do this before you flash your ROM.

If you want to add it or any files to your current ROM, I highly suggest using Android Commander. It's an amazing program that you use on your PC and you can control your phones contents MUCH easier. It has a split layout, phone on the right pc on the left so it makes it very easy to drag files across. So, simply navigate on the right side to system/app and simply drag the apk from your desktop over to the right side. A pop up will come up and ask you where to place it, choose right side. Another pop up will come up, something about checking system files or something, choose NO. Always choose no on this pop up. It wont hurt anything if you choose yes but it takes forever as it just checks every single app.

If you dont have a PC and want to replace your mms.apk. Simply place the apk on your SD card and use root explorer to copy and paste it to system/app. A phone operates just like a computer when copying and pasting files so just remember that and it will make it easier for you.

Hope this info helps. If you have any questions or need any other help, feel free to PM as my box is always open. Good luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom