• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS settings for metropcs with tmobile network

I got it thanks to an AWESOME app named Netmonitor and then input all my settings courtesy of a Great site known as www.cellidfinder.com

I now have all the necessary information, but how would I go about implementing it?
I got it to work by re-flashing my device's latest firmware. I was already running the latest revision, but re-flashing it rectified the problem. I was now able manually create an APN and my provider's MCC and MNC data automatically populated. I saved settings, sent a text MMS message, confirmed that media was received. SUCCESS!!!

Upvote 0
APN Settings:

Name:*
MetroPCS
APN:*
fast.metropcs.com
Proxy:*
Not set
Port:
Not set
User Name:*
Not set
Password:*
Not set
Server:*
Not set
MMSC:*
http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
Not set
MMS Port:*
Not set
MCC:*
MNC:*
Authentication type:*
None
APN type:*
default,mms,supl
APN protocol:*
IPv4
APN roaming protocol:*
IPv4
Enable/disable APN:*
APN enabled
Bearer:*
Unspecified

That MMSC address looks very sketchy to me, what is mmsmvno.com?

Upvote 0
It means that MetroPCS is an mvno (mobile virtual network operator) on T-Mobile's network.

I'm not really referring to what the acronym of it means, the actual website that it would route your MMS messages through if you were to use it is what I'm questioning. It's not a T-Mobile URL, and it's not a MetroPCS URL, however it disguises itself by using "metropcs" in the sub-domain (ie: metropcs.mmsmvno.com). I don't think it's a legitimate MMSC address to use, and it could possibly be set up to intercept outgoing MMS messages then forward them on to MetroPCS making it so the user doesn't even notice.

Upvote 0
I'm not really referring to what the acronym of it means, the actual website that it would route your MMS messages through if you were to use it is what I'm questioning. It's not a T-Mobile URL, and it's not a MetroPCS URL, however it disguises itself by using "metropcs" in the sub-domain (ie: metropcs.mmsmvno.com). I don't think it's a legitimate MMSC address to use, and it could possibly be set up to intercept outgoing MMS messages then forward them on to MetroPCS making it so the user doesn't even notice.
All I know is that this is what is provided by MetroPCS. It's valid.

Reactions: ebnub
Upvote 0
It's a T-Mobile mmsc Url owned by tmobile they just use metropcs.mmsmvno.com. so people will think they are on another network no T-Mobile would you want all your customers asking why they pay $80 a month for unlimited everything when your metropcs customers pay $60 it's smoke and mirrors

Reactions: ebnub
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones