• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Network Not Turning On

landovr

Android Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2011
Alberta Canada
I'm having a problem with my mobile network not turning on. If i leave my phone on wifi for a long period of time (1 day or more) at home, when i go somewhere i turn wifi off and mobile network on, it just says turning on and it gets stuck like that and won't actually turn on. I have to restart my phone and then it works. Has anyone else had this problem, I really don't think i should have to restart my phone everytime i want mobile network.

The only thing i really care about are my contacts so i exported them to the sd card. If i do a factory reset with the sd card in the phone will it wipe the sd card too? I uninstalled a bunch of apps to see if maybe one of them was causing the problem, i'll give it another day and if it happens again i will do a reset.

Upvote 0
I just got this today and have a friend who got it a couple of days ago

Can I ask, did you just get the android update around a week ago? I've never had any problem before downloading that

My internet just stopped working and then when I restarted the phone, the 3G/H/G signals were just gone totally, and it's stuck at "Turning on"

Will be watching this topic with interest. Dont really want to do a factory reset
If the update is to blame, then the amount of bugs on these phones nowadays are insane

Upvote 0
Are you talking about android update or app updates? Either way, a single app shouldn't block these.
Go to about phone > software, the latest official android is 2.2.1. Depends on your network when you get it, but most have done it.
Also in about phone there's a option for updates, select it & then select check for updates.
With preinstalled apps (YouTube, Facebook etc), you'll need to go to market and install these, this will give you the latest version of the app & then you'll get updates automatically after that.

Upvote 0
I was talking about the software updates. My phone had 2.2.1 when i bought it. I have updated apps. Since i deleted a bunch of apps it seems like my mobile network works all the time now. Now i have a new problem, My emails won't load. If i go online on my computer i can see that i have emails but my phone says i don't have any.

Upvote 0
I was talking about the software updates. My phone had 2.2.1 when i bought it. I have updated apps. Since i deleted a bunch of apps it seems like my mobile network works all the time now. Now i have a new problem, My emails won't load. If i go online on my computer i can see that i have emails but my phone says i don't have any.

turn auto-sync. make sure your phone is sync to your email. sometimes it takes 1-2 minutes for it to load up. are you using gmail?

Upvote 0
Hi landovr,
i face the same problem wth my HTC desire X.Did u figure out any solution..
Same wch u mentioned above
"I'm having a problem with my mobile network not turning on. If i leave my phone on wifi for a long period of time (1 day or more) at home, when i go somewhere i turn wifi off and mobile network on, it just says turning on and it gets stuck like that and won't actually turn on. I have to restart my phone and then it works. Has anyone else had this problem, I really don't think i should have to restart my phone everytime i want mobile network."

Thanks in advance...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones