• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] [FROYO] Reboot and Recovery options, 1% battery icon, power control widgets (updated 11-19)

What errors are they?

its something like (expected 2 args, got 3) and (expected 3 args, got 4) i am completely clueless when it come to updater-scripts. thats why i use other people's and sometimes get lucky when adding lines to them LOL :D

oh did you check your pm?

its something like (expected 2 args, got 3) and (expected 3 args, got 4) i am completely clueless when it come to updater-scripts. thats why i use other people's and sometimes get lucky when adding lines to them LOL :D

oh did you check your pm?

I see. Those errors happen when there's a mismatch between your updater-script arguments and what the updater-binary is expecting.

for example, in some of the updater-scripts, you see this type of code:

mount("ext4", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/system");

where there's only 3 arguments.

In other scripts, you see this:

mount("ext3", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/system");

where there's 4 arguments.

I'm pretty sure that this difference is in the updater-binary file. So you just need the correct binary file for the format that you are using (or use the correct format for the binary file that you are using.)

I see. Those errors happen when there's a mismatch between your updater-script arguments and what the updater-binary is expecting.

for example, in some of the updater-scripts, you see this type of code:

mount("ext4", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/system");

where there's only 3 arguments.

In other scripts, you see this:

mount("ext3", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/system");

where there's 4 arguments.

I'm pretty sure that this difference is in the updater-binary file. So you just need the correct binary file for the format that you are using (or use the correct format for the binary file that you are using.)

oh i see now... so thats where it was erroring out on me. :eek: oh well, at least now i know what was going wrong. thanks mantera :D

The links in the original post do not appear to be functioning. Does anyone have these that they can share? Thanks.

I just checked on both my pc and my MT and the links worked fine. However, on the phone, you'll get some certificate errors; just keep clicking Continue on the warning a whole bunch of times and it'll load after a while.

Edit: I switched the links to Mediafire. Try again.

Back
Top Bottom