• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (mod-w.i.p) 4.2 quick settings

exgenmeikoj

Android Enthusiast
ok so i rebooted this mod, and made a lot of progress and i have new screenies to show you.

so the first image is the notifications panel on its own
attachment.php

attachment.php

2nd panel

just use es fileexplore and just copy this file to your /system/app and over write. there isnt a need to flash it through cwm, now just reboot and enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
=========================first release========================
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
decompiled systemUI and themed some eliments
removed brightness bar
removed clear all
removed stock toggles
==========================================================
--------------------------------second release----------------------------
==========================================================
added a new panel
added a new clear all button (at the top right corner)
adjusted borders and some look to give it a more feel.
==========
Third release
==========
Fixed all toggles
Profile picture add on.

attachment.php

================================
Fourth release pure 4.2
================================
added spacecakers 25 toggles
using second layout of bootmgrs 4.2 live tiles
stock look reverted back to old icons for now
all toggles woRKING

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwwmyb45fbfy9u7/4.2-quick-settings.zip?dl=0

you can flash this
also includes togglesettings app ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

-known issues-

The switch panel toggle will offset due to the time header. I can shorting the clock size to fix this.

To do

Add thumbnail previews
Change the ids of torch and sleep to the original torch app and sleep lock settings.
Remove touch wiz ui completely

--------------------------------------------
credits

bootmgr for his guide on 4.2.2 quicksettings panel layout
spacecaker for 25 toggles
my wife for everthing and helping me not throw the computer out the window

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-05-14-41-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-05-14-41-56.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_2014-10-14-19-47-12[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-14-19-47-12[1].jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 202
I've been trying to use spacecaker's guide to make this mod but I could never get it to compile without errors. Too much for me lol.

yay some one replys please dont quote my whole op makes it tough for me to load the page. anyway i am a noob this was a tough job for me to do took me almost a month to do this i quit for a while then restarted it and finally got it. i ketp getting bad magic numbers but i got a great system to decompile and recompile it. if you like to help me get the icons and tiles in place possble a mod to allow us to add more features with out the need to keep decompiling i know cyanogenmod has it but the hardest part is trying to port this. i had so much fun doing this. i am on to another mod while learning this one. :rolleyes:;)

Kagebeast can you remove your 2nd post or truncate it please? It has old links and instructions which will confuse newer people

Can u give me the link for the zip ?

What's going on with your systemui. ? If you read my other post you must be on deodex and copy then paste over your old systemui reboot and your are done. I have always done this to any and all system apps and it works I am using it right now to test. The harsh files are very harsh to get working but it will give you battery updates and WiFi toggle.

Do we delete the old systemui.apk or we merge them tofether ? I'm just not ynderstanding what to do exactly. I've done it before with a flashable zip but u domt have ir anymore and im not understanding how to do it by just moving it.

Do we delete the old systemui.apk or we merge them tofether ? I'm just not ynderstanding what to do exactly. I've done it before with a flashable zip but u domt have ir anymore and im not understanding how to do it by just moving it.

Follow this step by step to the tee okay?

Step1: make sure you have Downloaded my modded systemui.
Step2: download a file manager with root of your choice"I am using es file manager"
Step3:copy the modded systemui and navigate to /system/app then paste it. Overwrite your old systemui with mine.
"At this point your systemui will ether force close or continue running.
Step4:reboot and wait for davlik cache to finshe updating
Step5: rep and and enjoy!

-edited- if you are still having trouble post your ROM/device info

The only wrong is sleep torch and blocking mode crashes the ui. And when I tap on the little button o. The top right I have to tap it twice to be able to switch screens.

A new realise is now live with toggles working all toggles 16 of em. Profile picture and brightness slider. Please enjoy

The toggles are great thanks ! Is there anyway where we can enable emojis? the ones we hae suck. And i dont mean an emoji keyboard from google play i mean like porting them from gs3 or google emojis..

The toggles are great thanks ! Is there anyway where we can enable emojis? the ones we hae suck. And i dont mean an emoji keyboard from google play i mean like porting them from gs3 or google emojis..
well sir your best bet to ask in a subfourm thats not this thread, and no i know nothing about emojis as i do not use em.

Back
Top Bottom