• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moment 2.1 Update Thread

Howdy all,

Ok i finally got around to updating my phone to 2.1, and for the most part it went off with out a hitch....(man mybackup Pro is well worth the money...awsome app).

Afte updating to 2.1 i can't seem to get my Yahoo email account set back up. When i try to set it up via the quick set up it gives me a error saying username/password are invalid (and i know both are correct). If i try to set it up via the manual setup i get a error that says connection could not be made. I remember when i 1st bought the phone i had trouble setting up my yahoo email, and had to actually get a sprint tec support person to walk me through setting it up. I think i remember them having me change the port number or something like that.......does anyone know how i can set my yahoo back up on my phone??????

Now i have two basic questions on some new things that are happening:

1) For some reason every time I get a email my phone rings, every time I plug my phone into the charger it rings. Is there a setting or that i can change that tells my phone to just vibrate (or do make no sound at all) when i plug my phone into the charger and or get a email??????

2) Does the moment not support live wall paper...or is there some app to download to get live wall paper???

Thanks in advance

p.s. its to early to tell just yet but it seems like my battery life has gone way down compared to what it was before i updated...anyone else notice a drop in battery life?

Upvote 0
1) Are you sure your phone is ringing when you get an email, or is it a notification that's you're hearing?
2) The Moment does support live wallpapers, but not the stock DE03 kernel. Look at "HOW TO: Live Wallpaper without Rooting" and you'll find all the info / help you need to get live wallpapers wofking on your phone.
3) Yes, I noticed a significant decline in my battery life aster I upgraded to 2.1. two days ago, I flashed one of Joey's custom kernels and my last charge lasted over 26 hours with light to moderate use (I have GPS on all the time). Again, you can search through this forum or better yet, go over to SDX-Delevopers forum to get all of the detailed instructions for doing this. I was very reluctant to do this at first(it was my first time flashing a custom kernel), but I'm glad I did.

Upvote 0
1) Are you sure your phone is ringing when you get an email, or is it a notification that's you're hearing?
2) The Moment does support live wallpapers, but not the stock DE03 kernel. Look at "HOW TO: Live Wallpaper without Rooting" and you'll find all the info / help you need to get live wallpapers wofking on your phone.
3) Yes, I noticed a significant decline in my battery life aster I upgraded to 2.1. two days ago, I flashed one of Joey's custom kernels and my last charge lasted over 26 hours with light to moderate use (I have GPS on all the time). Again, you can search through this forum or better yet, go over to SDX-Delevopers forum to get all of the detailed instructions for doing this. I was very reluctant to do this at first(it was my first time flashing a custom kernel), but I'm glad I did.

Well you are correct its not ringing exact...its the notification sound/ring...but i was able to work that out.

I am fairly new to the whole Android setting. While updating to 2.1 was easy enough, i am a little nervious about trying the Kernal flash....for fear of breaking my phone lol. I did read through the instructions for doing the flash; is it as hard as it sounds??? Does is wipe your phone like doing the 2.1 update (luckly i use a app called my backup pro so was fairly easy to restore all my stuff). What exactly does flashing your phone to that kernal do exactly??

Thanks

Upvote 0
trying to read thru all the updates, didn't even realize 2.1 was out. i read one person had a problem with moxier, has anyone succesfullly done the update and had moxier to continue to work? that would be a dealbreaker for me.

oh also sometime during my 1.5 expedition my camera flash stopped working. I have a gut feeling it was a software issue, but never hard reset the phone, anyone else see/recover from this issue?

Upvote 0
Ok, came here with the issue of my computer not recognizing my phone after I uninstalled all the drivers. Tried like 10 times to do it. Really not sure if I want to do this right now after reading everything. Been putting up with all of the battery issues up to this point and am due for an upgrade in 4 months. Is it worth the update or not?

Update--Ok went to a different computer, went through the flashing and my end result is... I love the upgrade.
Really like the new look, battery life seems improved (to me anyhow) went through all the apps that came with and had no problems. Did like the old nav look but hey as long as it gets me there that's all that matters. Didn't mind the 3 screens as opposed to the 5 because I have 7 with Launcher anyways.
I'm a happy customer:)

Upvote 0
Updated to 2.1 yesterday, great, great upgrade.

However as I said in my first reply here, what was the impatience about? It blows my mind people can't wait a couple of months for a software update, and would do anything including killing the warranty on their phone to get an unofficial, hacked version of the OS. Impatience is symptomatic of the American way, we want what we want when we want it and we're not going to wait by golly! It's actually fairly humorous to go back and read some of the earlier posts in this thread of people just freaking about the delays to the 2.1 update, as if their life was going to end because Sprint miscalculated when they would have the official release of 2.1.

1.5 wasn't perfect, but it did not require the mass hysteria generated when Sprint was late in getting out their 2.1 update. I used 1.5 for months and while there were some quirks I did not like that have been fixed in 2.1, I never had a problem with the basic operation of the phone. For you people who destroyed your phone because of impatience, can't say I feel sorry for you.

Upvote 0
Updated to 2.1 yesterday, great, great upgrade.

However as I said in my first reply here, what was the impatience about? It blows my mind people can't wait a couple of months for a software update, and would do anything including killing the warranty on their phone to get an unofficial, hacked version of the OS. Impatience is symptomatic of the American way, we want what we want when we want it and we're not going to wait by golly! It's actually fairly humorous to go back and read some of the earlier posts in this thread of people just freaking about the delays to the 2.1 update, as if their life was going to end because Sprint miscalculated when they would have the official release of 2.1.

1.5 wasn't perfect, but it did not require the mass hysteria generated when Sprint was late in getting out their 2.1 update. I used 1.5 for months and while there were some quirks I did not like that have been fixed in 2.1, I never had a problem with the basic operation of the phone. For you people who destroyed your phone because of impatience, can't say I feel sorry for you.

I still use 1.5 with no problems so WHY should I upgrade to 2.1 when everything is running fine for me?

Upvote 0
Yes, when you update it basically wipes your phone and you need to reinstall the aps.... one of the unavoidable parts of it.

So I would assume you should write down all the APPS so you'll know what to reinstall back into the phone after the update? also what about apps that you PAID for vs FREE ones......repay again?. I'm not that savy so I will take it to the Sprint store for the update.

thanx

Upvote 0
So I would assume you should write down all the APPS so you'll know what to reinstall back into the phone after the update? also what about apps that you PAID for vs FREE ones......repay again?. I'm not that savy so I will take it to the Sprint store for the update.

thanx
Thatz what Backups are for; these are computers per se' so they should get the same treatment; as for the paid apps, when u sign back|link into ur Gmail acct., that is what that is for along with keeping|saving ur contacts & calendar etc...

Upvote 0
Thatz what Backups are for; these are computers per se' so they should get the same treatment; as for the paid apps, when u sign back|link into ur Gmail acct., that is what that is for along with keeping|saving ur contacts & calendar etc...

Ya this ^^ just get a backup utility ap and back it all up so you can reinstall it all easily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones