• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root More Google now issues...

OrKo

Android Expert
So now my Google now app won't reply with a voice, the noises sound when you select to talk and when it's looking up info but won't talk back. I've used basic questions like "how tall was Abraham Lincoln" "who was George Washington" "how tall is the Eiffel Tower" "what's the capital of Thailand" and it won't reply with a voice. Any info on how to fix this would be super awesome.

Thanks, OrKo

So now my Google now app won't reply with a voice, the noises sound when you select to talk and when it's looking up info but won't talk back. I've used basic questions like "how tall was Abraham Lincoln" "who was George Washington" "how tall is the Eiffel Tower" "what's the capital of Thailand" and it won't reply with a voice. Any info on how to fix this would be super awesome.

Thanks, OrKo

Maybe putting up your media volume have you tried , you never know

Yes I tried that and for some reason media volume doesn't control its volume, the touch feedback & system volume is what controls it's volume. But no that didn't fix the voice playback, it did however make the speak now and search notifications (that bleep sound) louder lol.

I just noticed tts app is missing from samurai rom, I mean it's in the system, but not showing up in my apps through system apps like it used to. I pulled the apk & odex from another source along with the tts folder, I'm gonna replace the ones in samurai with those and see if that helps. When I first flashed the zip (pre rom days) it worked like a charm, even on first build katana it worked well. But after katana v2 and with samurai it hasn't spoken since.

I just noticed tts app is missing from samurai rom, I mean it's in the system, but not showing up in my apps through system apps like it used to. I pulled the apk & odex from another source along with the tts folder, I'm gonna replace the ones in samurai with those and see if that helps. When I first flashed the zip (pre rom days) it worked like a charm, even on first build katana it worked well. But after katana v2 and with samurai it hasn't spoken since.
Google Now is for Jelly Bean. What we have is an early version of it that was ported to ICS and the dev that ported it said he will not be updating it. Google Now's voice has stopped working for most if not all users on ICS. I'm sure it has nothing to do with any of the roms since it's a common issue with other phones as well.

Here's a link to XDA where others are having this issue and some say they have found a fix that may or may not work for us. I haven't tried any fixes since I don't need voice...

Google Now not talking back anymore - xda-developers

If previous link doesn't help you then try this one lol...
google now not talking

Back
Top Bottom