• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I use a Tasker profile to read incoming SMS on any Android device (Bionic, Maxx, Turbo). A simplified version is ...

Profile: tlaSaySMS
Event: Received Text [ Type:SMS Sender:* Content:* ]
Enter: tlaSaySMSEnter
A1: Say [ Text:SMS from Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:On Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off ]
A2: Say [ Text:%SMSRN Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:On Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off ]
A3: Say [ Text:%SMSRB Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:On Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off ]

... Thom

Upvote 0
+1 for tasker. Can do this and a LOT more (with a little work).

But if you're note interested in that, Google search suggests most Moto E and Moto G have that.

Do you have the latest version of the Moto assist app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.contextual.smartrules2

Do you have the latest updates from your carrier?
I do and I do. There is no driving assist and that's a killer. Such a great feature. I seen it first on my turbo, missed it when I got my s6. Hot moto e thinking I could root it and have the driving assistance. Boy was I wrong. I am waiting for a stage fright root to come along or universal root. I got a Verizon e btw.

Upvote 0
Really wanted moto g 3rd gen but its not on Verizon.... I digress

I got one, I'm kinda mad i couldn't keep my boost account, but i found a company named Lycamobile that gives me unlimited LTE, Talk, and Text for $55.00 a month off contract, just like Boost Mobile and the service is pretty good so far. T-Mobile, Vergin Mobile, and Sprint Prepaid data plans suck, so It's worth trying if your still interested in getting a Moto G3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones