• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moto torch lives on frf57!!!

I am still going to update MotoTorch so that it will support 2.2 officially on other devices, and will support the brighter flash on 2.2. I have no idea if the official Motorola 2.2 version will cause the app to break or not, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

I have no idea how to enable installing to the SD card. I guess I need to do some research.

I just looked up allowing the installing to the SD Card, and it seems Google does not recommend apps with a widget to allow this.

App Install Location | Android Developers

Your App Widget will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, your App Widget will not be available for the user to select until the system resets the home application (usually not until a system reboot).

I just looked up allowing the installing to the SD Card, and it seems Google does not recommend apps with a widget to allow this.

App Install Location | Android Developers

Yeah, we have learned that the hard way - any app that we force to the SDCard (using Titanium Backup) loses it's widget and the ability ot post a widget on the home screen.

Your app is small enough to not really make a difference anyway. I say forgo the Apps2SD at all. Or, if you want to implement it popup a nice warning saying that it breaks the widget....

MotoTorch has NOT worked on any version of 2.2 for me. The original UNthemed 2.2 was no exception. :(

Yeah, you and a few others - but it worked perfectly on FRF57, whereas the previous build it b0rked for me and several others as well.

Weird, I'm using the second 2.2 leak, stock theme and have no issue with mototorch.

And another confirmation....

Same here, was using frf57 (unthemed) and mototorch worked fine. Today I themed with nexfro, and it broke.

*quick edit
I also applied the market fix yesterday. I don't know if that is what broke it. I did not check it after the market fix.

I am betting the market fix broke it before you applied the theme - b/c if it didn't, then I cannot see how else Fab's NexFro is breaking it....

I don't think that will work for me, I did a backup this morning before I installed nexfro. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Moto Torch works for me on the newer FroYo release, but not on the former. The flash for the torch is also not as bright as the camcorder's. I have Morphed my battery icon and scrollbars, so if it's the theme breaking it, it probably has something to do with the files that make the clock and status text white (I haven't seen the theme, but I'm assuming it has a black/dark status bar).

That's why I liked the new features of spare parts in CM 5.0.7.1 - it made theme-ing easy and pretty much universal.

Actually, I am leaning more toward the market fix that involves a build.prop that is modified (and, I am betting, derived from the older FroYo) that is causing it to break.

As for the flash being not as dim, eclipsed developed the app like that - it has always been less powerful. He also said earlier today that he was reworking the app so that the brightness would be the same.

Does anyone have mototorch working on a themed version of froyo i can get it to work on stock theme but as soon as i apply any theme it fc.If you do what theme are u using thanks

This sounds like a theme problem to me...but ima a noob still. Im runnin the new froyo leak with blue electric theme and mine does not work either.

Easiest way to do it would be to restore just the SYSTEM part of the Nandroid, I think.

Ok, so after I reapplied the original frf57 build, I had mototorch working, then installed Nexfro again and lost the mototorch functionality. I was hoping it was the market update because I really like the nexfro theme.

Running BB v0.1 FRF57 with P3Droid 125-1000 Low Slot Kernal and DarkEdge Clean Black theme. Can't get any light app to work!

Still not working for me. I'm running NexBeast FRF57 v0.1. You can hear it start up the camera or something, but no LEDs.

I am going to try to reinstall it although I don't think it will matter.

Still not working for me. I'm running NexBeast FRF57 v0.1. You can hear it start up the camera or something, but no LEDs.

I am going to try to reinstall it although I don't think it will matter.

going by some of the reports, that won't matter. it seems that the ROMs and MotoTorch don't like each other anymore since I now officially support 2.2.

Mototorch 2.8 works on BB Froyo. The new 3.0 does not.

I regretfully updated to 3.0 via the Market, good thing I had a TiBu of 2.8 to restore to.

I can confirm that MotoTorch worked on CyanogenMod 5.0.7, prior to the Market Fix. After the Market Fix it makes the lens focus noise when you use the widget but no light.

Back
Top Bottom