• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zedthegreat

Lurker
May 15, 2010
Hi all

Have just received my Atrix and looking for a little opinion / guidance. It is still on 2.2 "Froyo" as it is the UK T-Mobile version and is un-rooted at the moment.

Originally I signed in to Motoblur and added my accounts. I very quickly decided I did not like this so factory reset my phone and started again without Motoblur (only signing into the Google accounts). I since noticed that the Motoblur feature is needed for OTA updates (when they come!!!!) and remote wipes (fair enough I suppose), however I would like to keep the rest of my accounts as far away from Motoblur as possible.

I now have
Launcher Pro
Facebook app
Twitter app
Google apps
etc

Now my question....

Can anyone recommend a good app for Hotmail. I am willing to pay if the quality is good, but it has to run separate to Motblur and support the ExchangeActiveSync that MS use for Hotmail.

Alternatively is there a way to use the inbuilt email but keep it separate to Motoblur?

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones