• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Moto G and Lollipop

Queen2506

I'm currently using 4.4.4 on my Moto G which I've had since May last year. I've been reading up on the reviews for the new lollipop 5.0 update and am concerned that if I update I'm going to create issues.

Can anyone here give me any reassurance that the upload will go smoothly and that my phone will not get any bugs from the new update? The update is on my phone now waiting for me to download but I don't feel confident due to the problems people have been having.

Thank you.

The update goes different for different people. There really is no guarantee that it will go well or not for you. However, on that note, I think there are better chances of it going well rather than going bad.

What version of the Moto G do you have? And where are you? We haven't gotten the update here in the USA yet. When I do get it in definitely going to let it update.

The update goes different for different people. There really is no guarantee that it will go well or not for you. However, on that note, I think there are better chances of it going well rather than going bad.

What version of the Moto G do you have? And where are you? We haven't gotten the update here in the USA yet. When I do get it in definitely going to let it update.

Hi I've got the 4.4.4 version and I'm in the UK

We meant is it XT1034, XT1032 or the dial SIM XT1033?
I'm sorry not sure. I'm in about phone and can't see any of the references you are referring to. Don't think its the SIM one so could be either the first or second one.

Last edited:
I'm sorry not sure. I'm in about phone and can't see any of the references you are referring to. Don't think its the SIM one so could be either the first or second one.

System version is 210.12.40.falcon_umts. Retail.en.GB
Build number is KXB21.14-L.1.40
Sorry about the confusion. I see from what you posted that it says UMTS and retail. That tells me you have XT1032. Am I correct in assuming it's also unlocked and can be used on any network?

Edit: oh and the original box would tell you what XT version it is, if you still have that.

Has anybody in the UK had any major problems with the new lollipop update on there Moto G. I've not updated yet because I've read so many bad reviews.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

I updated to Lollipop (UK) recently and despite what the forums say had no problems, in fact for me its faster with less battery usage also all the apps etc are working as they should ....go for it !!

I did not complete any OTA update but I tried a few custom Lollipop ROMs (including CM) on my XT1032 and I did not find it to have the stability that 4.4.x had. I reverted back to Kitkat. That's just my experience. I've read that others have had issues with Lollipop too, both stock and custom installations.

I did not complete any OTA update but I tried a few custom Lollipop ROMs (including CM) on my XT1032 and I did not find it to have the stability that 4.4.x had. I reverted back to Kitkat. That's just my experience. I've read that others have had issues with Lollipop too, both stock and custom installations.
Thanks Jordan for your feedback.

Thanks Jordan for your feedback.
Have you updated?

I know you have read a lot of negative reviews, but there are also a lot of positive ones out there. I, personally, am planning on taking the OTA once it hits the retail US phones (mine is the XT1034 like I said before). I wouldn't let negative reviews of custom ROMs, or the actual Moto stock firmware, scare ya off. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, it's different for everyone.

Al F
Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Have finally done the update on my phone and pleased to say all ok and haven't found any problems so far.

I've got the 5.1 update on my nexus 7 2012 waiting to be downloaded but waiting for further reviews as this also has a lot of negative feedback.

Can anyone give some feedback for the lollipop 5.1 update for the nexus 7 2012 please. Thank you.

[Quote = "Queen2506, post: 6917629, miembro: 1807952"] Actualmente estoy usando 4.4.4 en mi Moto G que he tenido desde mayo del año pasado. He estado leyendo sobre los comentarios de la nueva actualización 5.0 piruleta y me preocupa que si actualizo yo voy a crear problemas.

¿Puede alguien aquí me dan ninguna seguridad de que la carga salga bien y que mi teléfono no recibirá errores de la nueva actualización? La actualización está en mi teléfono ahora esperando a que yo descargo pero no me siento seguro, debido a los problemas de la gente ha estado teniendo.

Gracias. [/ Quote]

HOLA yo lo actualice y this FUNCIONANDO perfecto, es poca La Diferencia estafadores 4.4.4, Lo que mas sobreventa Es La agilidad, Velocidad mas Tiene, nítidos los graficos Son Mas, Y La Batería dura un poquito Son Mas AEE las cosas mas Relevantes , Hace poco Menos De Una Semana Que Estoy Usando this version 5.0.2 piruleta y Hasta Ahora no hay Quejas TENGO
[Quote = "kolikeo, post: 6921117, miembro: 1808964"] [quote = "Queen2506, post: 6917629, Miembro: 1807952"] ACTUALMENTE estoy Usando 4.4.4 en mi Moto G Que él Tenido desde mayo del Año Pasado. El Estado leyendo Sobre los comentarios de la nueva Actualización 5.0 piruleta y me preocupa Que Si actualizo yo voy a crear de Problemas.

¿Puede del alguien Aquí Me dan Ninguna direction seguridad de la del que carga SALGA busque Y Que mi Teléfono no recibira Errores de la nueva Actualización? La Actualización esta en mi Teléfono Ahora esperando una cola yo descargo Pero No me siento seguro, DEBIDO a los Problemas de la gente ha Estado teniendo.

Gracias. [/ Quote] [/ quote]
[Quote = "kolikeo, post: 6921117, miembro: 1808964"] [quote = "Queen2506, post: 6917629, Miembro: 1807952"] ACTUALMENTE estoy Usando 4.4.4 en mi Moto G Que él Tenido desde mayo del Año Pasado. El Estado leyendo Sobre los comentarios de la nueva Actualización 5.0 piruleta y me preocupa Que Si actualizo yo voy a crear de Problemas.

¿Puede del alguien Aquí Me dan Ninguna direction seguridad de la del que carga SALGA busque Y Que mi Teléfono no recibira Errores de la nueva Actualización? La Actualización esta en mi Teléfono Ahora esperando una cola yo descargo Pero No me siento seguro, DEBIDO a los Problemas de la gente ha Estado teniendo.

Gracias. [/ Quote] [/ quote]

Back
Top Bottom