• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Move apps to SD?

So I've noticed that some apps can be moved to the SD from manage apps. Why would anyone want to do that? What are the pros & cons? Seems like the phone has plenty of GBs as it is

Whether the phone "has plenty of GBs" depends on the user. The feature is there for those for whom the phone does not have enough internal space for the user's personal needs.

Also note that not all internal storage on the Captivate is equal. Apps are installed in a fixed 2GB region of the 16GB of internal memory. It's not difficult to fill that 2GB with apps. I know I'm over halfway there.

Storage - CapFAQ

Upvote 0
Typing on my phone so Ill make this brief, I dont recommend putting anything on the sd card at the moment. The reason for this, is that on a froyo upgraded captivate, an aplication shortcut on your desktop will dissapear after a restart every single time if it is moved to SD card. This is especially annoying for me with apps like angry birds that wants to move to sd card every update.

Edit.. I just use the sd for music movies and rom data.

Reactions: BigCat8
Upvote 0
Typing on my phone so Ill make this brief, I dont recommend putting anything on the sd card at the moment. The reason for this, is that on a froyo upgraded captivate, an aplication shortcut on your desktop will dissapear after a restart every single time if it is moved to SD card. This is especially annoying for me with apps like angry birds that wants to move to sd card every update.

Edit.. I just use the sd for music movies and rom data.
Whoa. THANKS! I was wondering why Angry Birds kept disappearing from my home screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones