• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Move Files to SD Card

IPW

Newbie
Hi folks,

I posted this on the wrong forum and made litle progress!! My Fault.

I am 2 weeks into my starter Android and am still struggling a bit.

Can someone please tell me how to move Voice Recorder Files to the SD card?

In fact, it would be helpful if I knew how any file could be so moved.

Thank you.

Ian
 
Settings->Applications->Manage-> SELECT APP, move to sd button. You could also try app2sd from play store. But Im not sure how well this program works, and i have no first hand knowledge.

Root access and TIBU(titanium Backup), or antek app manager would work also.

If I helped hit the thanks button.
 
Thank you. Sadly, when I get to the 'Move to SD card' button it is not backlit and thus not active.

I will try and download one of those tools you suggest.
 
Stranger and stranger....

I downloaded and installed App2sd. Unfortunately, Voice Recorder is not an application that can be moved to the card!

Any other ideas about how I can get to those Voice Recorder files?

Thank you.

Ian
 
root your phone
download Link2SD from play store
follow the instructions
PS: It is not advisable to move system apps to SD card
 
Thank you Sasuketobi. I fear I have to admit again that I am only 2 weeks into Android use and thus have not a clue what you mean by 'root your phone'.

I note your warning about moving Apps.

Ian
 
With Titanium backup you can make system app to user app and then move them to the sd. I did it with maps as they were integrated into the rom and could not be moved to sd.
 
Back
Top Bottom