• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Move to SD broken after restoring with DL mode?

So I restored my phone back to zv3 to gain root after taking the zv4 update... and now none of my apps will move to sd card using the native button. It is simply grayed out for all apps, even the apps that it used to be available for before I downgraded. Strange... also the built in menu for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth tethering has disappeared, even after flashing the zv4 stock Rom. Any insight fellows?

So I restored my phone back to zv3 to gain root after taking the zv4 update... and now none of my apps will move to sd card using the native button. It is simply grayed out for all apps, even the apps that it used to be available for before I downgraded. Strange... also the built in menu for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth tethering has disappeared, even after flashing the zv4 stock Rom. Any insight fellows?
Using the Xposed mod sdhandlerfix worked for me. It's because our SD has to be made to read/write again after a fresh install/upgrade.. I suspect right now yours is read only. Or alternatively check out SDfix:KitKat Writable MicroSD in the playstore. I've had luck with that as well... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix&hl=en I rebooted for good measure after running Sdfix

Upvote 0
Also, my carrier now reads as LG. Any idea how to change this back to read Virgin Mobile? I've tried editing eri.xml but it didn't appear to be stored there, in that file it reads Sprint.

It reads LG because what you installed is a non-carrier specific ROM. All of our phones say that. You should've also lost the VM boot animation. It shouldn't hurt anything. I don't know how, or if it can be changed.

Upvote 0
Using the Xposed mod sdhandlerfix worked for me. It's because our SD has to be made to read/write again after a fresh install/upgrade.. I suspect right now yours is read only. Or alternatively check out SDfix:KitKat Writable MicroSD in the playstore. I've had luck with that as well... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix&hl=en I rebooted for good measure after running Sdfix

No go on both of those... Move to SD Card is still grayed out XD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones