• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moving Updated Apps to System Folders

Rarewolf

Android Expert
Alright my example will be the google play store for this one.
I am trying to move thw updated google play store to the system/apps
In thia case i believe it is the system/priv-apps folder.

I keep having troubles loging in to my google account each time i try to tranfer it.
I have tried it as vending.apk
And phonesky.apk
(since it looked like that was the name of it on the volt)

The method i am using is by using the zv5_deodexed.zip file and just transfering it through 7zip.
Any tips?
Trying to conserve all the space i can.

Just a bit OCD.

It's a pain. I updated them in my ZV5 Custom rom and it made me want to throw phone against wall. Some converted via titanium backup. Others I had to copy over via Aroma File Manager in recovery. It took alot of trial and error. Here was kinda my process...

- Update all the apps normally

- Go to data/app and copy them to external sdcard.

Then one at a time..

- Remove update

- Reboot

- remove system version via titanium backup

- reboot

- reinstall from apk on sdcard as regular app

- reboot

- convert to system app - this took trial and error, some converted via titanium backup, some i manually copied over with file manager and some had to be copied over from recovery using Aroma File Manager.

It took multiple tries and it was a pain. Wish there was an easier way. Don't know why they're such a pain.

Last edited:
Never even thought about trying to use link2sd. I'll have to give that new app a try, never heard of that.

Wait we are only keeping on the app. What about the Lib files?
Do they get transfered as well or is it something that we have to do manually?

Does link2sd move all updated google apps to system with no problems? I always had problems using titanium backup to do it.
Wait we are only keeping on the app. What about the Lib files?
Do they get transfered as well or is it something that we have to do manually?
I've used link2sd to integrate YouTube, drive, play store, games, movies, connections optimizer, voicemail, and every other system app that has had an update since zv5 was released. No issues with anything.

I've used link2sd to integrate YouTube, drive, play store, games, movies, connections optimizer, voicemail, and every other system app that has had an update since zv5 was released. No issues with anything.
from what i remember google play and google play services were the ones that had lib files. did those work?

Back
Top Bottom