• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ms910-zve cwm recovery cont's to fail

waybux

Lurker
I am having some problems with the clockworkmod. I have rooted and superuser. I downloaded the clockworkmod rom manager, flashed the recovery. Then created a backup. when I try to restore to this back up to test if its going to work before installing new rom, it always fails. I have tried creating and restoring everything from rom manager side and tried it all from the boot recovery menu. Both ways and everyway I can think of doesnt work. It goes thru the motion, logs says boot restored, clearing data, then error on system restore.

oh sometimes says problems with mounting sd card. I have tried to save backup on internal and external. no difference. tried uninstalling and reinstalling cwm about 10 times.

any advice?

by any chance are u changing the bkup name?ive read that if u do,u hv to do it a certain way.have you tried a diff bkup app,just to hv that bk up,maybe try restarting all over meaning redo drivers,even try to use the lg update tool,but be sure to make ur bkup,maybe adiff app,i think rom toolbox will do it,bfore using lg updater it will wipe it to stock and lose root.take sd card out n do a lil blowing on it and fone might b a lil dusty,but id start over all the way but find a app that will do ur bkup if cwm nt playing well.good luck keep us posted,we will gt u up n running cheers

I downloaded the app rom toolbox. when I try to create a recovery, its says that I need to have rom toolbox...? one more thing when I connect my phone to computer and use file explorer to view internal memory of phone (f drive) my original back is still present, but neither rom toolbox or rom manager sees it.

So I decided to use lg update tool to start all over. However after installing and connecting everything, it says phone is at most current update. the only option I have found is to "update recovery" but it froze twice. What you think?

update recovery has gt me out of alot of jams,and if im not mistakened the upate recovery sumtimes to seem to freeze,i thought the same and let it sit there for a good min and it started and finished up,jus make sure u hv firewalls n other programs not opened good luck let me

well, I quit messing with the update recovery before I saw ur message. Decided to just try flashing the numertwo rom, with the oc kernel. so far so good. got oc'd to 1.2 just playing. pretty bad a**. dunno kno if i can restore but find out when it I need to. thanks for your help and support!

Back
Top Bottom