• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root mtp

johnnyl1111

Android Expert
anybody been able to mount mtp in linux. i've tried several different methods with no luck. if anybody knows of a working guide that would be helpful. btw i'm on ubuntu 13.04

lol i had followed that guide but couldn't get it to work because it isn't stated to start gedit as sudo and it wouldn't save the file after adding the code. this worked though.
sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
edit:just empty folders under onex

Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading, MTPZ disabled.Listing raw device(s)
Device 0 (VID=1004 and PID=61f1) is UNKNOWN.
Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp development team
Found 1 device(s):
1004:61f1 @ bus 2, dev 9
Attempting to connect device
Android device detected, assigning default bug flags
Listing File Information on Device with name: (NULL)

but then all i get is empty folders

lol i had followed that guide but couldn't get it to work because it isn't stated to start gedit as sudo and it wouldn't save the file after adding the code. this worked though.
sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
edit:just empty folders under onex

yea my udev list is looong, it basically covers all major devices. I had to add my first one to it today after 2 years. lol

raring ringtail is supposed to have mtp support by default from what i've read. maybe i messed it up by using these guides.

a gui..... :rolleyes:
Yeah I do linux write ups for windows users so they can have an easier transition. Part of the movement to help linux become more mainstream. lol
raring ringtail is supposed to have mtp support by default from what i've read. maybe i messed it up by using these guides.
I'll be honest I'm sticking with 12.04 for its entire 5 year shelf life. I don't use rolling releases since they are only supported for 6-9 months like 13.04.

Both the xda and my guide are for any phones that support mtp so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you unless that is removed from CM.

a gui..... :rolleyes:

Yeah I do linux write ups for windows users so they can have an easier transition. Part of the movement to help linux become more mainstream. lol

I'll be honest I'm sticking with 12.04 for its entire 5 year shelf life. I don't use rolling releases since they are only supported for 6-9 months like 13.04.

Both the xda and my guide are for any phones that support mtp so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you unless that is removed from CM.

I'll be honest, I like using a gui. I'm equally comfortable using command line, but I just like using a gui.

I gave used GT's guide and have been able to mount as mtp. I found that once I select that mode, the computer won't recognize the phone until the phone is done scanning the sd card. After that is done, then select to mount the phone.

I have issues with connecting my phone to my work computer which is running 10.04...but at home on my linux mint 14 partition it runs flawlessly and works great...

and honestly...if you're a fan of Ubuntu, i would suggest you try out Mint because it is a modified version of Ubuntu (easy way of explaining it) and, for me at least, it runs a lot smoother and faster than 12.04 or any other Ubuntu distro did for me...

(the MATE version tends to run a lot smoother than Cinnamon...but Gnome Classic is the smoothest)

I have issues with connecting my phone to my work computer which is running 10.04...but at home on my linux mint 14 partition it runs flawlessly and works great...

and honestly...if you're a fan of Ubuntu, i would suggest you try out Mint because it is a modified version of Ubuntu (easy way of explaining it) and, for me at least, it runs a lot smoother and faster than 12.04 or any other Ubuntu distro did for me...

(the MATE version tends to run a lot smoother than Cinnamon...but Gnome Classic is the smoothest)

have you mounted cm10?

connects as camera with no problem but i can only access dcim and pictures but i can just put stuff in pictures folder and then transfer it wherever with a file browser. at least now i don't have to boot windows just to copy a rom or other stuff.

so i took the recovery.tar and recovery.sh from that jellybeer rom and put it in my cm10.0 on my phone so now i can connect by usb in recovery on linux and i can access the external sd from linux now. :D

Back
Top Bottom