• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music issues

eddieras

Mar 27, 2011
i hope someone can help - or point me in the right direction. i set up the music manager on my desktop and it messed up my music files on the phone - wrong album art, duplicate albums, etc. so i cleaned up the music on the phone and in a huff deauthorized my phone from google play. i then cleaned up all the files on google play on the desktop. couple issues- i can't see where or how to reauthorize the nexus. secondly, i unchecked 'offline music only' and it synced play to the phone but i know have multiple albums again but only on the phone. google play is perfect. i know it synced because some album art i changed on the desktop does now appear on the phone- yet the albums are messed up.
lastly - i made a playlist 2x directly on the phone and both times it disappeared. i know made on on play instead... we'll see on that.
can someone help me to get this in sync?
how do i reauthorize my phone on play?
i've spent hours on this - google help is useless- thanks for any assistance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones