• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player sensitive to headphone jack motion

dennism

Lurker
I've experienced the following annoying issue while using my Galaxy as a music player:

Motion of the headphone jack (e.g. while walking with phone in pocket) can be sufficient to trigger events that shut down music player or cause it to skip tracks. This is a major usability issue.

I'd like to disable those events or somehow configure the music player to be insensitive to them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

I remember people complaining about this on another forum. They resorted to using different headphones and various different music players from market.

Sorry i don't remember now where I read it.

I've installed Meridian via the Market and, while it seems both a bit flaky and non-trivial to use, it does solve this problem, which is a result.

I find the earphones terrible as they always slip out of my ears :)
God forbid I run to catch the bus or something - bye bye headphones.
But it's bad even when I simply move.

Meridian doesnt solve this problem for me. Any1 got some other idea, well except changing my super awsome headphones :)

do you think i should use my warranty for this problem cos' it's very annoying

Not sure if warranty applies in this case, since couse for it isnt malfunction but difference in pin compatibility on headphone jack.

Not sure if warranty applies in this case, since couse for it isnt malfunction but difference in pin compatibility on headphone jack.
not if hes using the default headphones, it should still be pretty secure, i run with mine and move about alot. its pretty secure

Yep not if he's using default headphones. I was just thinking around with using some other headphones.. Since my galaxy works perfect with boxed headset, and i get problems like he does with new sexy headphones i bought which is annoying...

i looked at mine and it seems that it has something to do with the type of socket on your headphones.. today i tried my bulky Altec lansing headphones, no dramas, my mates ipod nano headphones, no dramas.. then i tried my sennheiser inner ear phones.. and the jack would not grip it correctly.. seems to have issues with headphones with bulky jacks.....
looking at the stock headphone jack, the jack is steped where as my sennheiser are not.. so its not seating properly.

hope that helps
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom